Kindergarten international principal
About The SchoolSchool Value: Community Integrity Respect Leadership Excellence Learn more about this school
MacDuffie School Tianjin is a K-12 bilingual and international school with almost 900 over 850 students. The Campus enrolls Chinese students onto our bilingual program and international students both Chinese and International students onto our international program. The Tianjin campus was founded in 2012. The International Department has 8 Subject Teachers and 3 Bilingual Language teachers. The maximum class size is 20, with the average class size being 10. The current student number is more than 50 and growing fast. The Schools caters for students from Grade 1 – Grade 12. The first class graduated in June 2016 and the school was made part of the MacDuffie Education Group in 2018.
We run The Mustang House system to instill school spirit, encourage teamwork and develop student leadership. There are 6 Mustang Houses and they compete in events, sports competitions and other games and activities throughout the year, leading to the awarding of the annual House Cup. This is a key part of our wider mission to live our Circle values of Community, Integrity, Respect, Creativity, Leadership and Excellence in all that we do.
Reports to: Kindergarten Chinese Principal
Job Role/Key Areas of Responsibility
2. To continually develop international areas of the curriculum to best fit the student cohort within the school.
3. To monitor and improve the international teaching and learning delivery within the classroom.
4. To ensure high quality International competitions and activities take place, within the financial constraints of the
5. To collaborate with local management team members to increase and develop bilingualism within the school.
6. To contribute to the professional presentation of the school to parents and the local community.
7. To guarantee and oversee the use of the MacDuffie Mission and Vision within the school.
8. To provide international perspectives and an international voice to the school, both internally and in promotional
10. To fully comply with the contract conditions.
11. To integrate the CIRCLE values into lessons and activities.
- Native English speaker from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, or South Africa
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- TEFL/TESOL certificate 120 hours or above
- Preferably more than 2 years of relavant experience with Teaching Certification.
- Basic monthly salary: 30k/month - 35k/month (depending on qualification and experiences)
- A tuition waiver of 100% for a child for each foreign hire teacher.
- Provide housing reimbursement of 3,000 RMB per month (which can usually cover the rent of a nice apartment).
- 10,000 RMB annual airfare allowance. (Paid in Jan. and June every year)
- Paid winter/summer vacations and all Chinese public holidays.
- Medical Insurance annually.
- Bonus of Contract extension.