About The SchoolIntegrating both ancient, modern and Chinese as well foreign values. Learn more about this school
Business time: Monday- Friday 8:10-17:10
Class time: around 70mins, includes a 10min break time.
Class size: No more than 15 students
Carden China is a stable and established language program. Since 2001, Carden China has used the Carden Method to teach English to Chinese elementary students in Beijing China. Carden China teaches English to over 1000 students each year. We are “student-focused" not “business-focused”. We work side by side with Chinese teachers to ensure that each student’s learning experience is as productive and joyful as it can be. This partnership and use of the Carden Method gives our students a proven advantage in learning English over traditional ESL methods.
Check out these great incentives to join our family:
- Carden China’s western management teams have been dedicated to our students and teachers for more than 18 years.
- Carden China provides comprehensive training in the Carden Method® to every teacher.
- Carden China limits class size to promote success.
- Carden China foreign teachers work side-by-side with a bilingual Chinese co-teacher in every class.
- Carden China salaries start at 16,000 +++ RMB/month “Take-Home”.
- Carden China promotes opportunities for advancement.
- Carden China encourages the sharing of your particular strengths.
- Carden China offers support for daily work/life situations.
- Be at least 24 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree or above (pre-school education, English, or ESL major is preferred).
- 150+hr ESL teaching certificate (TEFL, TESL, or TOEFL) or Minimum of 2 years relevant teaching experience with references.
Carden China teaches using the Carden Method®, a phonetic system based on the American pronunciation.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Non-Criminal Background Check
Beijing requires teachers applying for the Foreign Expert Visa to supply a Criminal Background Check with proof of no prior criminal record through your local police department or the FBI. More information on this process can be found on your state's website as well as the FBI website.
Benefits for eligible full-time teachers include:
- Basic salary 17K-26K after tax
- Housing allowance 4K
- Free airport pick-up upon your initial arrival to Beijing.
- Free, fully furnished shared double-apartment close to campus including utilities reimbursement and free internet OR a monthly housing stipend credit.
- 7-10 days of curriculum training and school orientation.
- Relevant staff will accompany foreign teachers to visa bureaus, banks, hospitals, tax bureaus, etc.
- High efficiency air purifiers available for all school supplied housing and classrooms.
- Daily transportation available between home and work.
- Accident insurance provided.
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided at the campus cafeteria.
- Bonuses available to eligible teachers for Attendance, Performance, and Contract Renewal.
- Over 6 weeks of paid time off, including 1 month during the Winter Break.
- Airfare reimbursement up to 7500RMB.
- Z-visa and health examination fee subsidy.