About The SchoolYungu School is a K12 school established by Alibaba partners. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesYungu School is a K-12 school established by Alibaba partners. Our great team of educators and engineers work together for children by blending wisdom and civilizations of both East and West, to create a high-quality education. Yungu School respects individual differences and advocates personal development. It provides students with 15 years of learning experience from kindergarten through high school, with a school-based national curriculum, combined with innovative teaching ideas and methods.
• Student age range: 2—6 years old.
• Class size: 16 students per class.
• Class length: Half a day for each class（there is no fixed time, the teacher should company the kids until in each activity, the school will provide a daily schedule).
• Working Days & Hours: Monday to Friday, from 07：45am to 17：15pm.
• Curriculum: Yungu curriculum is developed from the National Curriculum, and consists of compulsory, extended and potential courses. The bilingual immersion learning environment helps students to learn the essence of Chinese culture and to appreciate world cultures. Guided by advanced educational philosophy, we explore innovative teaching methods and provide various courses such as traditional culture, library information literacy, PBL (Project Based Learning) and DT (Design Thinking). Our curriculum is integrated with knowledge, social ability and potential training so that our students can achieve their best through personalized learning and develop lifelong learning skills.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
• On board Training: No.
• Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with the school’s instructional program to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets.
• Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies.
• Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area.
• Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students.
• Employ a variety of proven, research-based techniques and strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, active student engagement, and instructional delivery to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
• Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies Supervises students in activities during the assigned working day.
Requirements to Teach in China:
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree or above in Education or English Degree (Degree in teaching or recognized equivalent strongly preferred).
• Experience: At least 3+ years of experience in teaching English as the second language. Experience in early childhood education is preferred. Teaching experience in China is a plus.
• Airfare Bonus: Round-trip ticket, once finished the contract.
• Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
• Annual Holiday: Summer holiday & Winter holiday paid.
• Sick Leave: Paid 2 days’ sick leave every term.
• Insurance: social insurance and commercial insurance (life & medical insurance).
• Pay Day: The last workday each month.