A Level ESL Teacher(IELTS/TOFEL)
About The SchoolCollaborating with RGS Guildford, it's first international school under Gemdale Education Group. Learn more about this school
A Level Design and Technology Teacher
A Level Economics Teacher
A Level ESL/IELTS/TOFEL
RGS Guildford Nanjing is owned by Shenzhen Gemdale Education co. ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the internationally renowned enterprise group, Gemdale. It is a premium international all-through school,jointly established with the Royal Grammar School (Guildford) and the Education and Social Security Bureau of Nanjing Jiangbei New Area, Jiangsu Province.
The Royal Grammar School (Guildford) is one of the most academically successful schools in the UK. In the past ten years, the annual acceptance rate of students enrolled to Oxford University and Cambridge University has been as high as 30%, which has contributed to its widespread reputation for excellence.
We aim to incorporate the best of RGS Guildford in the UK and are in regular contact with them as we develop the school in China, taking advantage of their expertise garnered over the school’s 500 year history. We work in partnership with their other schools in Dubai and Qatar, and look forward to being an important part of a growing family of exceptional schools. When the global health situation recovers, we will be able to benefit from visits and exchanges.
Located in the core of the Nanjing National Jiangbei New Area (Free Trade Zone), the school covers an area of 14 acres, with 57,000 square metres of floorspace. We have enviable facilities and a class size capped at a maximum of 24 students, with an average some way below that.
Teaching classes according to the arrangement;
Planning and preparing courses and lessons; teaching, according to their educational needs,
pupils assigned to his/her classes; 根据教学进度安排设计教案与备课;根据学生教育需求及个人情况因材施教;
Have an acute awareness of the needs of the individual students they teach to better enable them to reach their potential;
The setting and marking of work, (including tests and examinations where appropriate) to be
carried out by the pupils;
Possess a thorough knowledge and genuine enthusiasm for the subject taught. Foster a love for learning and nurture students to be engaged, inspired and curious;
Plan and deliver well-structured lessons which fit in with the scheme of work, employing an
appropriate range of teaching practices;
Teachers are trusted to structure lessons and teach in their own styles and are not required to
follow a standard format; 教师可以根据自己的教学风格来设计课程，不一定完全需要按照标准流程来制定;
Carry out formative and summative assessment on a regular basis, and use this to tailor teaching to;
Report on student progress in a timely fashion in the manner prescribed;
Reflect on and seek to continually improve their practice, and be willing to engage in
collaboration, CPD and an open-door policy; 能够寻求机会进行自我深造，并且愿意参与合作，持续深造及开放式的管理;
Insist the highest standards of behavior, based on mutual respect and trust, both in lessons and
around the school.
Apply rewards and sanctions consistently, in line with school policy;
Be generous in their time in terms of attending plays, concerts and sporting fixtures;
Support day and residential trips to enhance and encourage the skills and experience of all pupils;
Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils;
Lead by example in terms of punctuality, appearance, attendance, work ethic and positivity.
Undertake supervision duties as required, including covering lessons;
Contribute widely to the co-curricular programme.
Contribute to the pastoral care of pupils, for example, by acting as a personal tutor to a group of
Maintain an awareness of, and follow school policies. of particular importance are policies relating to safety and safeguarding.
To ensure the school remains tidy and presentable;
To complete any other reasonable duty as requested by the line manager.
• Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, 1 hour lunch break;
• Primary: 20 teaching hours, 35 mins/class;
• Middle/High: 16 teaching hours, 1 hour/class;
• Primary: Must have relevant teaching experience and teaching license/TESOL/TEFL certification;
• Native English Speakers, major in relevant subject is preferred and Z visa qualified;
Salary and bonus
• You will be paid in Chinese Yuan (RMB), on a generous scale that is based on your qualifications and experience.
• An additional loyalty bonus on one month’s salary will be paid on completion of the two year contract.
• High quality furnished and spacious accommodation (within walking distance of the school) will be
provided as follows:
Single (one bed) Couple (two bed)
Travel and Relocation
• Economy single flights will be paid for (including spouse) at the start and end of contract.
• A relocation allowance will be paid to assist with the shipping of additional luggage etc. at
the start of the contract.
• An allowance will be paid to cover annual mid-contract return flights.
• You (and spouse) will receive medical insurance of an international standard.
• Holiday entitlement will be as per the school holidays, but staff will be required in school for
additional dates to be advised for induction, training and CPD.
• A thorough induction programme will be offered to prepare teachers both for the start of
the academic year, and also to assist with settling in China.
• As the schools grow, many opportunities tend to become available. Also, you will be part of a growing family of international schools.
• Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge for teachers during term-time.