The International Montessori School of Beijing
￥28k-33k/month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2020-08-15
About The SchoolOur mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. Learn more about this school
About The International Montessori School of Beijing
Caroline Chen, MSB’s founding principal, started teaching in Beijing in 1990 when she set up a Montessori classroom in the Royal Norwegian Embassy for a group of 10 pupils. In this single classroom, the vision of MSB grew out of her desire to create an unique Kindergarten and Elementary school aimed at providing excellent education in the English and Chinese language for Beijing’s international community.
In 1992, she created a Kindergarten at The China World Trade Center, and one year later, established MSB’s Elementary Programme at Beijing Lufthansa Center. For over 10 years, the Beijing Diplomatic Language and Cultural Centre in Sanlitun served as MSB’s central base to the school’s other Kindergarten and Elementary campuses at River Gardens and Beijing Riviera. As MSB students grew in numbers, MSB’s curriculum expanded to offer a choice of an English only based education or a complete full-immersion dual language English-Mandarin Programme. Today, MSB is well respected in the Beijing and international educational community for providing a very strong academic programme in both its English-Only and Dual-Language Programmes.
In 2012, MSB established its new and beautiful campus at Riviera, consolidating all of its campuses on the same grounds. The school now serves over 400 children aged 18 months to 12 years, representing more than 40 nationalities, all receiving the excellent education in English and Chinese language that Caroline envisioned.
MSB is fully registered with the Chinese Ministry of Education Beijing Education Bureau. It has been in existence for over 28 years. MSB is a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS). AMS represents over 1,500 Montessori schools worldwide and affiliates over 100 teacher training programs (all accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE).
• To create an innovative and exciting Library environment which will support the children’s interest in literacy.
• To encourage children to confidently explore the library.
• To maintain a hands-on approach to the acquisition of the concepts mentioned above.
• To assist the children with appropriate book selections and guide the circulation of the
• To be completely responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of an aesthetically
attractive and neatly organized environment with beautifully presented display boards.
• This experience and/or environment must model the principles of the school ethos and
the philosophy and methodology of Montessori.
• To be involved with the Lead teachers in planning curriculum for the library.
• To be responsible for any orders, resources and inventory of materials.
• To monitor and liaise with the class teachers regarding the students’ progress and to
write comments and assessments of the students for the appropriate progress reports.
• To attend and participate in parents evenings and curriculum presentations and attend
all school wide functions, staff meetings, and professional development workshops.
• To undertake other supervisory duties such as in the playground and lunch room as set
out by the school.
• To oversee the reading program as directed by the Elementary and Reception
• To use common sense and a pro-active demeanour in preventing any issues from
developing into full-blown problems.
• Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA or AUSTRALIA , effective communicator
• Early childhood education/elementary teaching certification from North America, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa, or United Kingdom
• BA degree with 3+ years Liberian experience at least
• Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
• Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
• Ability to work in a team
• Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
• Creative problem solving skills
-Basic monthly salary 20k - 25k/month (depending on the qualification and experience)
-Housing allowance 8k/month
-Flight ticket reimbursement
-Summer and winter vacation fully paid
-3-week off for Christmas
-2-week off for Chinese New Year
Post date: 2020-03-06