About The SchoolVIA operates American high schools curriculum across China, primarily for Chinese students. Learn more about this school
Vermont International Academy (VIA) was
founded in June 2011 as a private American high school and the first school
authorized by the state government of Vermont to offer a US high school diploma
overseas. VIA's curriculum is based on the US Common Core and College Board AP
- Teaching subject: Math
- Follows the prescribed curriculum and
ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for
grade level, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Implements instructional activities that
contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful
- Identifies, selects, and modifies
instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds,
learning styles, and specific needs.
- Sets and communicates specific student
learning outcomes, employs formative assessment strategies frequently, and uses
the results to make appropriate adjustments in order to maximize student
- Collects, evaluates and returns student
work within an agreed and reasonable time and provides students with meaningful
and detailed feedback.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular
needs and contributes to the modification and improvement of existing
- Contributes to a safe, positive,
growth-oriented learning environment by following and enforcing the school’s
policies and procedures, including those in the student and staff handbooks.
- Embrace VIA holistic approach by
contributing to extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports, holiday
- Communicates effectively, both orally and
in writing, with students, parents, and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
Establishes cooperative working relationship and models professional and
ethical standards in all interactions.
- Maintains effective and efficient record
- Attends staff meetings, scheduled training
sessions and other related events.
- Participates in promotional and marketing
activities organized by the school.
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Major in mathematics preferred.
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience after
graduation. Teaching experience in U.S. high schools is highly preferred.
- Native English speaker.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate, teaching
currently residing in China are preferred.
- Base salary of 210,000-250,000 RMB per
academic year, paid across 12 months.
- 10,000 RMB international flight
reimbursement per academic year.
- 3,000 RMB monthly housing allowance.
- Fully paid health/medical insurance.
- Visa support and reimbursement allowance.
- Chinese holidays and Christmas holiday off.