Shanghai SMIC Private School
MHS English Teacher
¥21K+/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-08-16
About The SchoolEducating and nurturing students to become global citizens of honor and self-discipline. Learn more about this school
Job Title: MHS English Teacher
Reporting to: 1. MHS English Department Head 2. Vice Principal for Secondary
Contributes toward building a world class MHS division through providing instructional guidance in English courses (middle grades focus), while actively contributing to our students and school through associated roles expected of a holistic professional educator in a dynamic system dedicated to honor, excellence, community and joy.
- Teach a minimum of 4 English department courses (or others as designated) per week (usually 5 classes each course).
- Work with students in grades 6-12, though this position is designed to have primarily a middle grades focus, as assigned for the school year; teaching assignments, taking into consideration a teacher’s area of interest and primarily cover either literature, writing, or some English Department electives.
- Work on curriculum developing, which includes preparing effective lesson units based on the school’s curriculum development formats using the Understanding by Design (UbD).
- Promote our “Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs): global citizenship, motivated learners, healthy individuals, and persons of character.
- Bachelor’s degree required in an English education-related field (i.e., secondary English) but bachelors’ degrees in related fields (such as journalism, and writing) along with a teaching license are considered
- Eligible for a valid teaching license/certificate
- At least 3 years related English teaching experience in a regular secondary school setting
- Evidence of current relevant professional development especially in English education
- Basic Salary: ¥21,000+(UG)/¥23,000+(MA)，depending on candidate's background and qualification
- Housing allowance
- Year-end bonus
- Other attractive entitlements
Post date: 2019-02-25