Shanghai SMIC Private School
¥21K+/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-08-16
About The SchoolEducating and nurturing students to become global citizens of honor and self-discipline. Learn more about this school
Job Title: Music Teacher(Grade1-5)
Reporting to: Vice Principal
Contributes toward building a world class SMIC-I MS through providing instructional guidance to students in MS math courses where assigned (which could include high school), while actively contributing to our students and school through associated roles expected of a holistic professional educator in a dynamic system dedicated to honor, excellence, community and joy.
- Serves as a long-term and short-term substitute teacher for the SMIC-I grades K-5
- Primary substituting responsibilities will be to take on a long-term full-time substitute role when a teacher is on extended long-term leave
- When not fulfilling substituting duties as a teacher, provides instructional support primarily in the SMIC-I
- When substituting full-time, teaches a minimum of 21 periods per week
- Works with students in grades 1, 2 or 3, as assigned for the school year, in selfcontained classrooms teaching all the major academic subjects (reading, writing, math, science, social studies), and works with students in grades 4 and above in subject level classrooms only
-Bachelor’s degree required in a math education-related field (i.e., secondary math) but a bachelors’ degree in a related field (such as finance, accounting, engineering) is considered if held with teaching license and 2 years of verifiable full-time teaching experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
-Currently possesses a valid teaching license/certificate in secondary math
-At least 2 years related math teaching experience in a regular secondary school setting; especially at the middle school level
-Evidence of current relevant professional development, especially in secondary math.
- Basic Salary: ¥21,000+(UG)/¥23,000+(MA)，depending on candidate's background and qualification
- Housing allowance
- Year-end bonus
- Other attractive entitlements
Post date: 2019-02-28