This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Kang Chiao International School
MYP IAS Teacher
20K-30K/M Suzhou, Jiangsu, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-22
About The SchoolKCISEC is an overseas school in the East China and TaiPei from kindergarten to high school. Learn more about this school
Purprose of the position:
- To work in accordance with the IB and KCIS East China Mission Statement
- To maintain and develop professional standards as outlined in the Profile of a KCIS East China Campus IB Educator and School policies.
- To actively promote openness, professional growth, teamwork and initiatives at KCIS East China Campus.
- In word, demeanour and performance, to model the Learner Profile we wish to see developed in our students
Teaching & Learning:
Teaching & Learning:
- To develop strategies to link students’ knowledge and understanding to prior learning.
- To use appropriate instructional practices which promote high academic standards and inclusive education within the MYP.
- To use teaching strategies to promote higher order thinking, international mindedness, and metacognition within the subject areas, and to ensure that reflection and self-evaluation is encouraged in all subject areas in order to develop students’ ability to think critically.
- Use a variety of technologies in teaching and learning.
- To constantly use IB specific terminologies in classroom to form shared understandings of those essential components of the programmes.
- To communicate expected behaviours with students to establish shared understandings and accordingly to adopt a range of effective classroom management strategies.
- To provide a learning environment to encourage the ownership of learning and promote intercultural understanding /international-mindedness and respect, while encouraging self-expression.
- To take part in interdisciplinary unit planning and implementation that strengthens cross-curricular skills and deepens the understanding of key concepts.
- To stay current on all changes within the MYP and through the use of Programme Resource Centre (PRC) and the MYP coordinator.
- To explore current educational theory and practice to gather evidence to fully prepare lessons and improve pedagogy.
- To be familiar with the principles of the MYP assessment and the KCISEC Assessment Policy.
- To design and use appropriate and authentic tasks and strategies for formative and summative assessment in relation to the MYP subject group objectives, and to ensure that these are supported by benchmarks and exemplars.
- To meet all deadlines specified in school and IB assessment calendars.
- To ensure all assessment results are moderated through the internal standardisation process before releasing the results to students and parents.
- To ensure that feedback and marking is criteria-based, transparent, detailed, informative and constructively critical to encourage reflection on and learning from their performance.
- To use assessment data to inform planning and facilitate further learning.
- To keep full and accurate records of individuals tudents’ (academic and non-academic) performance including uploading grades to ManageBac.
- To make recommendations for the collection of suitable teaching and learning resources and maintain records of textbooks and teaching materials used.
- To take all necessary precautions to protect, maintain and return all equipment and materials.
- To inform line manager (as appropriate) of any on-going difficulties or potential concerns.
- To supervise MYP Projects when assigned.
- To participate in collaborative planning meetings including departmental meetings and grade-level pastoral meetings and also school events such as open days.
- To follow school guidelines and procedures when organising field trips.
- To maintain curriculum documentation, including ManageBac, to ensure professional handover of all teaching and learning resources to new teachers joining the school.
- To fully engage in the teacher evaluation and monitoring processes and activities and incorporate the feedback into the individualized PD plan with the facilitation of school pedagogical leaders.
- To protect the rights of the student by maintaining the confidentiality of student information and records.
- To be familiar with the KCISEC Child Protection policy and report immediately when any associated incidents happen.
- Certification as a Secondary Teacher
- At least an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Salary: 20K-30K/M
- Housing allowance
- Relocation fee
Post date: 2022-02-11