This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
YK Pao School
Negotiable Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-01
About The SchoolYK Pao School is a pioneering international school founded in 2007 providing IB and IGCSE programs Learn more about this school
YK Pao School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References, background checks and criminal record checks will be required.
Main Responsibilities: We would want all our teachers not only to be passionate about their subject but also to be willing to contribute to the pastoral and co-curricular program within the school.
A full-time teacher would be expected to teach 60% of a timetable (18 lessons out of 30 lessons). Class sizes is 24. The school is fully committed to provide a range of professional development opportunities for all staff whether internally through our Professional Learning Centre or through external courses for which there is an exceptionally generous budget.
There is a very full co-curricular program of over 80 different activities which we ask all staff to contribute to a couple of times a week. Ideally this would be any activity that the teacher themselves is interested in.
Almost all staff are also homeroom teachers who would see a group of 24 students with another colleague together. Homeroom teachers are responsible for overseeing the welfare of students as well as their academic progress. Almost all staff are also homeroom teachers who would see a group of 24 students with another colleague together. Homeroom teachers are responsible for overseeing the welfare of students as well as their academic progress.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects; Master’s degree would be an added advantage
2. At least 2 years of relevant counseling experience in working with adolescents
3. Experience in a bilingual school setting preferred
4. Good written and spoken English and Chinese would be an advantage
Preferred but not essential Requirements:
1. Experience of working in an International School or a multi-cultural setting
2. Experience with second language learners;
3. Bi-lingual ability (English and Mandarin Chinese)
Attractive Remuneration Package:
1. Competitive salary
2. International insurance (except US)
3. Pension contribution
4. Housing allowance
5. Flight Allowance
Post date: 2021-01-06