This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Ambright-Shanghai Thomas School
Primary Drama and Homeroom Teacher
¥22K-35K/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-11-22
About The SchoolShanghai Thomas School is under Ambright Education Group Learn more about this school
Thomas Schools are science-oriented private boarding schools, with the main campus in Shanghai, and additional campuses in Nanjing (capital city of Jiangsu Province), Jinan (capital city of Shandong Province), and Hefei (capital city of Anhui Province).
The schools offer a high school program that integrates outstanding traditional Chinese culture with world-class educational concepts and practices. With the advanced facilities for teaching and learning, the Schools are dedicated to cultivating modern citizens and professionals with national sentiment，global perspective and competence.
Our Schools collaborate with experts and professors from the University of Cambridge, Stanford University, and Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology. They provide valuable guidance to our faculty and students in this unique learning environment.
The Primary Homeroom Teacher helps design, implement and administer student programs and services appropriate to the needs of students and consistent with the values and teaching styles of Thomas School. He/she contributes to creating and maintaining a learning culture, enabling students to become enthusiastic, independent learners. He/she sets and demands high standards of learning, teaching, and student attainment.
Primary Homeroom Teacher is expected to teach drama. The primary Homeroom Teacher should also be involved as an Assistant Classroom Teacher role that helps Chinese teachers with assembly, parents meeting, classroom management, etc.
Primary Homeroom Teacher at Thomas School will:
- oversee all aspects of primary classes' academic and pastoral provision;
- set and mark homework according to the school’s policies;
- contribute to the provision of extracurricular activities, of formal cultural exposure, including stimulating educational trips and enrichment events, and all sport-related curricular and extracurricular programs;
- implement procedures for recording student progress, to include progress-tracking systems, and for reporting progress to parents;
- implement a system of positive discipline;
- implement mechanisms for psychological assistance to students, as appropriate.
- implement morning and evening study duties if needed;
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant major;
- Relevant subject majors or teaching credentials preferred;
- Minimum 2 years’ verifiable subject teaching experience;
- Working experience in K-12 school( preferred);
- Good team player and solid communication skills;
- Native English speaker;
- Cross cultural awareness;
- Experiences teaching ESL students.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and overall qualifications（22K-35K RMB before tax）
- Free, fully furnished on-campus dormitory( or housing allowance )
- $1,200 international airfare allowance
- Work Permit sponsorship
- Medical check and visa fees coverage
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Paid national holidays
- Free school placement for dependent children
- Opportunities for professional development
Post date: 2021-10-22