Primary Homeroom Teachers
About The SchoolIt is established to meet the international education needs of the children of overseas Chinese. Learn more about this school
OCAC Wuxi is a sister campus of Overseas Chinese Academy of Chiway Suzhou invested and established by Chiway with the great support of the government and educational bureau of Xinwu District in Wuxi. OCAC Wuxi offers international education with IB curriculum from kindergarten to secondary school.
- Preparing and teaching all areas of the primary curriculum or subject area in primary school.
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Taking responsibility for the progress of students;
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Motivating students with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students' progress and development;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of students' development;
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- Organizing and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- A genuine interest in teaching and professional development
- Open-minded, patient, an adventurous spirit and professional flexibility
- 3 years and above Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Native English speaker from America, Canada, Australia, UK, South Africa etc
- TEFL, CELTA, or TESOL certificate, iPGCE is preferred.
- Teachers’ license obtained from English native speaking countries is preferred
- Teaching experiences in English native speaking countries is preferred
- IB International school
- Fully developed curriculum and on-site teacher’s training
- Students age 3-15
- Small class size:20-24
- Dual principal: international community and open-minded staff
- Downtown location: convenient living environment
- All Chinese traditional holidays, Christmas (2 days)
- Paid summer and winter vacations.
- Usual working hours are between 8am-5pm between Monday and Friday with one hour for lunch.
- Competitive international insurance.
- Free meals in the school cafeteria.
- 45 minutes bullet train to Shanghai
- 2-day weekends that allows you to travel
- Maximum of 20 teaching hours per week with paid overtime
- Annual salary increase
- Housing allowance that enables you to rent a well-equipped two-bedroom apartment.
- Opportunities for promotion in management, training, and research departments
- Other benefits like relocation, fights, health insurance, and annual bonus are provided.