This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Hangzhou Shanghai World Foreign Language International School
Primary PE and English Teacher
¥21K-27K/Month Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-17
About The SchoolHWFL takes ‘P&P’, ‘C&C’ (Participation & Practice, Cooperation & Creativity) as school philosophy Learn more about this school
Hangzhou Shanghai World Foreign Language Primary School was founded in April, 2013 under the cooperation between Shanghai Junyao Group and the Gongshu Government of Hangzhou, bringing in the quality brand of Shanghai World Foreign Language Primary School. Following the school’s philosophy of “Let the students embrace the world; Let the world be the part of the school life”, Hangzhou Shanghai World Foreign Language Primary School provides two departments, PYP Department and Bilingual Department, and adopts small-sized class teaching. The PYP Department has been authorized as an international school since 2015.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach dedicated daily English lessons according to the HWFLPS preferred scheme of work, adapting the scheme of work to best suit the educational needs of the children.
• Co-teach thematic lessons, working with Chinese English Teachers on a class project.
• To teach extra lessons as reasonably requested by the school, given appropriate notice and within the 20 real hours contact limit.
Planning and preparation
• To prepare additional resources, where appropriate, for their weekly lessons to meet the learning needs of the children
• To work collaboratively with peers and have regular planning meetings:
1. At the end/ beginning of a Semester to discuss the semester overview.
2. Before the start of a new unit to discuss the main teaching objectives of
3. On a weekly basis to discuss how well children understand current
teaching and plan activities for the following week.
o Plans are are not set in concrete and can be changed/altered during the teaching week according to the on-going assessment for learning.
o It is the responsibility of the individual teachers to ensure they have adequate personal notes to deliver daily lessons.
Assessment and evaluation
• To carry out on-going Assessment for Learning to inform planning, this includes reflecting on daily lessons and contributing to the evaluation of the weekly lesson plan and making notes of this where necessary
• To collaborate with the Grade Leader in creating and administrating Mid-Term and end of Semester assessments based on the preferred Scheme of Work.
• To mark formative assessments and record results on the spreadsheet provided by the Academic Manager with due consideration to deadlines given.
Other duties and responsibilities
• To be accountable for the health and safety of the children during times when they are in your care.
• To maintain a calm and professional manner when dealing with the children at all times.
• To follow school policy for dealing with disruptive behaviour. We do not shout at the children; we do respect their personal space. If a particular child is being too disruptive they can be escorted to their homeroom teacher’s office by the Chinese TA.
• To attend weekly team meetings and other staff meetings as requested, notice of meetings will be given at least 24 hours in advance, where possible.
• To attend school trips twice a year, once in the Spring and once in the autumn (fall). Trips are planned by Chinese teachers but International teachers are expected to participate and maximize opportunities for English.
• To deliver one parental observation lesson in each academic year, usually in November.
• To write report cards for parents, based on an agreed format, at the end of each Semester and meet with parents once each semester to discuss children’s progress.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in the related subject is preferred
- Hold valid work permit and visa
- Open-minded, good team-player
- Solid academic qualifications and teaching credentials
- Strong English language skills with bilingual skills preferred
- Basic salary: Over ¥21,000 before tax, housing allowance is provided, negotiable according to interview performance, experience and qualifications
- Promotion path and salary increase
- Year Bonus
- Air ticket: 8000RMB
- 50% off discount for child tuition fee
- Insurance: medical and accident insurance provided.
- Paid holidays.
- Canteen Meals provided
Post date: 2021-04-28