Primary Researcher & Teacher
About The SchoolA business unit of TAL Education Group (NYSE, TAL), established in Beijing in 2009. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & Responsibilities
● Student age range: 6– 12 years old.
● Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
● Class length: 40 minutes to 50 minutes containing various creative teaching techniques.
● Working Hours: 40 Hours Work Week (days off are discussed with employer); office hours, training and teaching hours *
● Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, the Chinese teachers will teach lessons provided for the subject of Language Arts. The curriculum has been created to integrate western style education, the international teachers will teach in CLIL subjects like Science, Math, Art, Music, etc.
● Training: Day 1 First Leap Junior Training and Research & Development training / On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
● Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
● Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
● Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
● Experience: Secondary teaching or research and development experience preferred.
● Required in interview: Teaching Demo & after interview completed assignment provided by the interviewer *
● Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
Net Monthly income: USD 2200 – 2900 (RMB 15,000 – 20,000) *
● Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1700 (RMB 10,000 – 12,000) *
● Relocation bonus: One-time payment - paid on first payslip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
● Housing: Monthly stipend USD 580 (RMB 4,000).
● Bonus: Monthly bonus every month – calculated by teacher’s performance data *
● Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
● Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
● Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
● Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
● Annual Holiday: Stipulated by school in interview – this depends on the working hours *
● Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.