Primary School Classroom Teacher (FHT)
About The SchoolJinan Thomas School is under Ambright Education Group Learn more about this school
The role and function of the classroom teacher centers on creating a safe and friendly learning environment that promotes learning, personal growth, and internationalism. It is imperative that candidates for this opening have experience teaching English language learners. The teacher will demonstrate the competencies and behaviors needed to improve scholar preparedness and to support the vision and mission of Jinan Thomas International School.
Reports to: InternationalSchoolPrincipal
Bachelor’s degree in primary education or related field, Advanced degree preferred, with valid teaching certification. Minimum 4 years experience in an American or International school, experience or familiarity with American curriculum and Common Core Standards, preferred, experience in teaching second language learners
Deep understanding of the developmental needs of primary school scholars, excellent knowledge and application of appropriate strategies and methods to support English language learners
* Excellent knowledge of and experience in using a variety of assessments and differentiated instruction
* Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
* Expertise in building an active, collaborative, inquiry-driven classroom which encourages problem solving, critical thinking skills, and which develops a sense of classroom community and trust
* Very strong organizational and time management skills
* Skillful in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with school leaders, colleagues, scholars, and parents
* Effective communicator, proactive, self-motivator, and solutions based
* Highly skillful at using and integrating technology
Areas of Responsibility:
* In addition to the primary functions and skill-sets noted above, the Foreign Homeroom Teacher shall be responsible for the following:
* Creating Unit Plans, as well as daily or weekly lesson plans, aligned with Common Core and IPC standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation
* Implements inquiry-based and engaging instructional lessons; Encourages curiosity and continued improvement
* Help set learning goals for students and work with the class to help them attain these goals
* Assess performance by providing frequent feedback, designs and implements age-appropriate assessments
* Uses the school’s record keeping system to track attendance, grades, etc.
* Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports scholars’ independent and collaborative learning
* Supervises children during breaks and ensures safe and orderly transitions (supervision duties assigned by principal or designee)
* Utilizing a variety of effective instructional and management techniques
* Monitors and maintains a positive classroom environment that supports school-wide behavior expectations where students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect, and provides cooperative learning opportunities
* Uses technology to enhance and enrich learning experiences
* Manages student behavior in accordance with the school’s beliefs and values stated within the behavior policy.
* Participates in school community building, events and activities.
* Participate in Professional Development and stays up to date with current teaching methods, practices and any new knowledge in the field
* Participates in school development committees as developed and/or approved by the principal
* Set up and leads teacher/parent student-learning conferences (PTC)
* Performs other job-related duties as determined by JTIS Principal