Primary School Homeroom Teacher
About The SchoolLocally grounded, globally aware. Learn more about this school
The Primary School Homeroom Teachers provide pastoral care to the students within
their class and ensure that they are organised so that the school day runs smoothly.
Reports to: Head of Lower Primary or Head of Upper Primary or Head of EAL
Mark the attendance register in a timely manner each day.
Assist the students in developing their executive functions.
Ensure that students are wearing their correct uniform at the beginning of each day.
Ensure that students are updated regarding events that are happening throughout the school that impact them.
Support the learning of the school’s Virtues, Personal Learning Goals and Student Code of Conduct during homeroom lessons.
Ensure that students are dismissed from school appropriately.
Create and maintain an emotionally safe, warm, friendly and responsive classroom.
Be the main provider of pastoral care for the students in your homeroom.
Be the main point of contact for parents of students in your homeroom.
Maintain regular communication with parents of homeroom students on all classroom activities and any issues that arise with specific students; prepare a weekly newsletter for parents which highlights past and planned future learning.
Monitor your homeroom students while they are eating; ensuring that they eat an appropriate meal in an appropriate manner.
Ensure that students line up at the end of recess breaks appropriate and arrive at their next lesson in a timely manner.
Attend regular Grade Level Meetings and contribute to the development of all students across the grade level.
Take all necessary measures to safeguard students and promote the health and safety of the school community.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, but preferably an advanced degree in your subject.
- At least two years work experience since graduation, preferably full-time teaching experience in a well-established education system (IB, IGCSE, A-levels, etc.).
- An accredited teaching qualification.
- Fluency and proficiency in English.
- A willingness to act as homeroom teacher and to contribute towards the athletic and co-curricular programmes.
- Good health.
- A clear police record.
- Range of salary: 28K-32K/Month
- Premium medical insurance, all hospitals in Beijing are covered(United Family, Raffles has 50% co-pay);
- Travel allowance
- Annual Health check up
- Full paid holiday: public holiday with extra days for a whole week; winter break(Christmas holiday for 2 weeks) and summer break for 7 weeks; 2-3 days as Term Break.
- Beijing World Youth Academy
Secondary Design Technology teacher¥30K-34K/Month Beijing 1 position available