Beijing North Haidian Foreign Language School
Primary school Homeroom teacher
¥32K-36K/Month Beijing, China 3 positions available Starting date in 2020-08-20
About The SchoolDefine the future. Learn more about this school
The goal of Beijing Haidian Foreign Language Shi Yan School is to develop students that have the skills to be successful in both a Chinese and Western school environment. We expect our students to be academically well-rounded, possess critical thinking skills, have personal integrity, be polite and well-mannered, and most importantly, to show care and respect for others. The teacher’s role is to create a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth, to establish rapport with students, to motivate students to develop academic and life skills, and to establish productive relationships with parents and staff members.
Required Education background and teaching experience:
- Teacher from USA/UK/CA/IRL
- Major in education, literature and Applied Psychology are preferred
- Holding teaching certificate such as PGCE/QTS/State licenses
- At least two years of school teaching working experience or more than five years of working experience in training schools
Required Knowledge and Skills for Elementary Teachers:
- Teachers are expected to be knowledgeable in their particular subject area(s) and proficient at conveying this knowledge to young ESL students.
- Teachers are expected to be able to assess student learning using a variety of techniques.
- Teachers are expected to possess knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Teachers are expected to be able to create detailed procedural lesson plans that are aligned with the school goals and the needs of their students.
- Teachers are expected to be able to analyze student data and use it to shape their instruction.
- Teachers are expected to reflect on and improve their instructional practices to meet student needs.
- Teachers are expected to be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues and parents.
- Teachers are expected to be proficient at using a computer to develop classroom materials.
- Teachers are expected to be able to speak slowly and clearly with a neutral accent so that students can understand them.
- Teaching hour: 7:40 AM to 4:30 PM (Monday – Thursday) and 7:40 AM to 6:00 PM (Friday).
- Approximately 20 English or English content-area classes per week and sometimes be responsible for watching the students during a testing period or when the Chinese teachers must attend a meeting.
- 30K/Month for BA degree; 32K/Month for MA degree
- Round-trip flight tickets reimbursement up to 12,000RMB or 8,000 RMB travel allowance bonus
- Housing allowance: 4K/Month for Beijing Campus; 2K/Month for Hainan and Wuhan Campus
- 10 paid absences/year
- Full refund for the cost of the Chinese work visa
- Free insurance
- Free meals for working days
- Performance Bonus up to 42K/Year
- Stipend of 300 RMB/Month for the purchase of office supplies
- An optional, free one-hour Chinese lesson each week
- Other Benefits
Post date: 2020-05-21