St. Bees School Shijiazhuang
Primary School Homeroom Teacher(G1)
¥21K-28K/Month Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China 4 positions available Starting date in 2020-08-15
About The SchoolOne of the international campus of St. Bees UK Learn more about this school
A Primary early year’s specialist teacher is required to join the Primary School of St Bees, Shijiazhuang. This post has become available following the opening of the International School and the desire to provide teaching by foreign teachers within the primary school.
Given the central role that English plays in developing the communication skills of our students this is a key appointment. You will be a highly effective and engaging classroom teacher whose focus is on the well-being and progress of your students. As this is a new appointment, it is essential that you are able to cooperate and work with Chinese staff to develop the curriculum, resources and evaluate student’s progress and provide feedback to ensure clear progress is being made.
A previous post overseas and a qualification in / experience of teaching ESL are desirable, but not essential.
St Bees, Shijiazhuang (SBSJZ), situated in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, in China, is the newest school in the Full Circle Education Group family, and opens its doors to students in September 2020.
The appointment of G1-G9 teachers at SBSJZ will assist the Principal and his team to develop the school as a UK-style high quality school, with entry at age 7 for a 9-year fusion programme.
History of St Bees School UK
Throughout its 437 years as an independent boarding and day school, St Bees UK was equally proud of its students’ academic success and personal development. The School has always maintained an excellent academic record as well as nurturing many talented musicians and sports men and women. Being situated in such a wonderful location on the western edge of the Lake District National Park, St Bees School has offered students the very best environment for a full and varied extracurricular programme.
As part of the Full Circle Education Group, the newly-renovated St Bees UK has been reborn with a mission to create a unique twin campus concept, where there is a free-flow of students in both directions between the UK and China, enabling their students to derive the best of both worlds through a ‘Fusion’ curriculum.
St Bees, Shijiazhuang and St Bees UK share a similar fusion curriculum which enables students to spend time in both schools.
St Bees, Shijiazhuang
SBSJZ caters for students of all nationalities, but it is realistic to assume that 95% of students will be Chinese. In September 2020 SBSJZ will open its doors to students from G1-G9. Enriched with character development components, the Global Awareness Programme a varied co-curricular programme and other notable examples of best practice.
ST BEES SCHOOL (Shijiazhuang), as the first stop of StBees School in the UK, will provide high-quality British education services to Shijiazhuang and surrounding cities, will combine the advantages of Chinese and British education, and provide high-quality primary school curriculum and secondary school integration Under the premise of retaining the characteristics of British education, the curriculum fully fuses the advantages of Chinese basic education and deeply integrates traditional Chinese and British culture. Provide a nine-year fusion primary and junior high school fusion curriculum, and also introduce the CAIE (Cambridge Examination Centre) IGCSE and A-level courses, which can meet the national curriculum requirements and provide personalized internationalized courses, guiding students to the world stage, the wholistic education model takes inquiry as the path, success as the goal, and innovation as the pursuit.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- A Primary Teacher’s main goals will be to link pupils' knowledge to their earlier learning to provide consistency in their education, and develop new ways to encourage, challenge and inspire pupils in order to deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school's policies stated in the staff handbook, under the direction of the Principal.
- To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, that they can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and have students who achieve well.
- To dress and act professionally at all times in the school, the campus and the community and be a role model for our Chinese students and St Bees staff.
- The Primary Teacher will follow the curriculum and deliver lessons on a variety of subjects with a special focus on Literacy and Numeracy.
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
- Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
- be aware of and make provision for students who are ESL or very able or who have other particular individual needs.
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
- using a variety of teaching methods to:
- ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of Chinese classroom teachers or support staff.
Pastoral Duties (if required).
- be a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students.
- promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the Form Tutor Group as a whole with the Chinese tutor.
Other Professional Requirements:
- operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school.
- know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching.
- take account of wider curriculum developments.
- establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct.
- endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
- co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department and students.
- contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
- take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings, Parents Evenings, Review days and events with partner schools. Including website, social media or other areas of promotion for JKFZ CIS.
- take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. It is understood that areas of responsibility are from time to time subject to review and are negotiable in the light of the needs of the school and the professional development of the staff.This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and as duties and responsibilities change / develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
The salary range will becommensurate with experience and qualifications. This may include a KPI component.
- Gross Salary: ¥18k-25k/ month
- Work permit and work visa
- Commercial medical insurance
- Paid Chinese holidays
- Paid summer and winter vacation
- Housing allowance ¥3000 / free housing on campus
- Return plane ticket upon completion of contract
St Bees School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will
be subject to satisfactory employment checks and references.
Post date: 2020-03-31