Primary/Middle School Math and Science Teacher
About The SchoolIt is established to meet the international education needs of the children of overseas Chinese. Learn more about this school
Overseas Chinese Academy of Chiway Wuxi (OCAC Wuxi) is affiliated with Chiway Education Group. Founded in 1996, Chiway Education Group is headquartered in Shanghai with its business spreading across 20 Chinese provinces and cities, as well as overseas markets including the US and Singapore. As one of the pioneering practitioners in private education in China, Chiway is leading in school operation and education quality.
OCAC Wuxi is a sister campus of Overseas Chinese Academy of Chiway Suzhou invested and established by Chiway with the great support of the government and educational bureau of Xinwu District in Wuxi. OCAC Wuxi offers international education with IB curriculum from kindergarten to secondary school.
Teachers work for THE SCHOOL typically instruct students on a multiple subjects, such as English, math, science, social studies and ESL. Some teachers may be required to undertake additional duties to increase teaching hours within the contractual guidelines. To do so, they must plan using the curricula given in their relevant subject and program.
School Benefits Highlights:
- IB International school
- Fully developed curriculum and on-site teacher’s training
- Students age 3-15
- Small class size:20-24
- Dual principal: international community and open-minded staff
- Downtown location: convenient living environment
- All Chinese traditional holidays, Christmas (2 days)
- Paid summer and winter vacations.
- Usual working hours are between 8am-5pm between Monday and Friday with one hour for lunch.
- Competitive international insurance.
- Free meals in the school cafeteria.
- 45 minutes bullet train to Shanghai
- 2-day weekends that allows you to travel
- Maximum of 20 teaching hours per week with paid overtime
- Annual salary increase
- Housing allowance that enables you to rent a well-equipped two-bedroom apartment.
- Opportunities for promotion in management, training, and research departments
- Other benefits like relocation, fights, health insurance, and annual bonus are provided.
- A genuine interest in teaching and professional development
- Open-minded, patient, an adventurous spirit and professional flexibility
- 3 years and above Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Native English speaker from America, Canada, Australia, UK, South Africa etc
- TEFL, CELTA, or TESOL certificate, iPGCE is preferred.
- Teachers’ license obtained from English native speaking countries is preferred
- Teaching experiences in English native speaking countries is preferred