About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
This individual will be mainly responsible for the teaching quality and professional development of teachers and other academic-related business in the assigned region (East China in this post, including centers in Shanghai, Hanzhou and Ningbo for the time being).
This individual will work closely with academic committee and colleagues to develop/refine our program, as well as refine our performance appraisal system, conduct need analysis, plan and develop onboarding training materials, organize and deliver high-quality training sessions/ongoing professional development sessions and monitor training outcomes to strive for excellence, observe classes and feedback to head teachers and center managers regarding teaching quality.
Location: No. 200 West Yan’an Road, Jing’an District, Shanghai
- Work with team members to analyze courses and needs, review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials.
- Work with team members to co-design and develop curriculum contents, training materials, training modules, teaching aids etc.
- Work with operations staff to develop procedures and guidance for teachers and other staff to implement curriculum.
- Improve the design of the curriculum based on student data, feedback from staff, actual observation of class and feedback on test run of curriculum designed;
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate the effectiveness of the program and keep updating curricula to ensure the curricula designed meet the needs of target customers;
- Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or programs.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
Note: You may be asked to teach a limited amount of classes in order to understand the course and trial new alterations to existing courses, or test-run new courses. Your teaching hours will be determined by the Academic Management based on current development needs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- With a minimum of 5-6 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses. Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
- Good understanding of online teaching practice and key principles of child learning.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Analytical skills to examine student test data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum;
- Effective writing skills and Creative skills;
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
- Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
- Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
- Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
- Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
- Prior experience at English training centres.
- Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
- Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
- Basic Salary: 20k-23k/per month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- House stipend: 2000 to 4000/month
- Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
- Annual bonus provided （up to one month salary）
- Medical insurance & Medical check provided
- Work Visa Assistance