Beijing Enlighten School
PYP Homeroom Teacher
Negotiable Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-12
About The SchoolBES guides students to be aware of their identity, heritage and development by providing them with m Learn more about this school
Beijing Enlighten School (BES) is a bilingual international learning context located in the
central district of Chaoyang, Beijing. The school is close to the Red Brick Museum, No.1
Art District, Wangjing, and Whole Wetland Park, with easy access by metro.
BES strongly believes in allowing learners to develop their full potential to create a better
world by acting on today's experiences. Based on the implementation of the PYP, MYP,
and CNC integrated curriculum, BES is committed to cultivating and educating future
designers, change-makers, and innovators grounded on identity.
Here at BES, we believe that students' interests and passions are essential to engage with
the learning opportunities provided at school. With this in mind, not only we expect students
to achieve academic excellence and a global mindset, but also to learn to care for and to
love one other. We guide our students to be entrepreneurs, visionaries and futurists with
the practical skills to shape the contexts surrounding them.
In doing so, we support students, teachers and families in becoming humanists and
individuals who feel that there is always scope for learning and improving oneself and
The role of teachers in PYP is to provide learners with authentic learning engagements,
differentiated learning experiences in a socially, emotionally, and physically safe
environment. BES teachers consider themselves learning designers so that students are
at the center of a learning journey. A life-long learning approach to living and educating is
essential in being part of our school context.
1. Undertakes teaching duties as stipulated in the contract of employment.
2. Carry out other related duties and responsibilities that the Principal may reasonably
request within the teacher's contract's limitations. This will include duty supervision,
and one required ASA per week.
3. Understands and adheres to the Teachers' Essential Agreements???
Teaching and Classroom Environment
1. Creates a positive, stimulating, academic, and risk-free environment in which students
can thrive educationally and socially.
2. Creates a welcoming atmosphere recognizing and encouraging the attributes of
students and colleagues
3. Creates a learning environment that recognizes the individual learning potential and
needs of all students.
4. Ensures that all students are aware of and follow behavioral agreements.
5. Sees challenges as opportunities to grow and to create meaning in any learning
6. Ensures that classrooms, furnishings, resources, and equipment are respected and
valued by students.
Planning and Organization
1. Follows all prescribed teaching strategies and curriculum delivery in line with the
school's academic direction.
2. Maintains all planning and record-keeping as requested by the school.
3. Demonstrates a collaborative model for all planning requirements.
4. Is familiar with Managebac, Seesaw, and Microsoft platforms.
1. Attends all regular departmental or team meetings.
2. Carries out teaching-related tasks as requested by the Administration.
3. Prepares for and contributes to all Parent/Teacher events
4. Participates in year-level or subject-based field trips as requested.
5. Supports the school and its programs in a professional and collegial manner.
6. Participates in any After School Activities stipulated in the teacher's contract.
7. Helps create a united and effective professional team by exhibiting punctuality, tact,
confidentiality, reliability, enthusiasm, efficiency, transparency, and work ethic.
8. Provides an excellent personal example to students regarding attitudes, dress,
manners, and language.
1. Advises and collaborates with colleagues in determining year-level and specialist
2. Contributes expertise to the development of educational programs.
3. Develops teaching resources in response to changes in the curriculum and its
4. Contributes subject expertise to the development of cross-curricular activities.
5. Participates in co-planning and execution of other school programs outside of their
1. Contributes to and participates in formal performance review and appraisal.
2. Participates in professional development activities as and when requested by the
3. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of subjects taught.
4. Maintains a high-level of technology proficiency as determined and supported by the
1. Sets assignments following the homework policy
2. Maintains appropriate assessment records
3. Analyze assessment information to improve student teaching and learning
4. Initiates and maintains close communication with parents regarding the social and
academic progress of the students
5. Conducts regular assessment of student work in a diagnostic, formative, and
summative manner according to schools Assessment Policy
Interactions with students北京市朝阳区顺白路 300 号
300, Shun Bai Road, Chao Yang, Beijing
1. Builds and solidifies strong interpersonal rapport with students
2. Provides the necessary pastoral care and support for all students
3. Carries out pastoral duties as stipulated by the divisional Principal
4. Takes a collaborative approach to issues requiring sensitivity.
1. Provides the framework for students being able to work in a risk-free environment.
2. Is proactive with issues related to student behavior
3. Maintains a positive approach to aspects of behavior management.
4. Ensures the health, welfare, and safety of students is paramount.
5. Involves other colleagues with incidents of student's poor behavior or choices.
Undertakes school supervision duties in a professional manner providing a duty of care
over all students.
1. Completes registers, forms, and records according to specified deadlines
2. Takes and monitors student attendance.
3. Plays a full part in ensuring that students pay attention to official communications from
4. Ensures that students respect and follow uniform regulations.
5. Participates in all professional meetings
6. Is thoroughly professional in all areas of the school's operations.
Contributes to the school's Activities Program
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in teaching within the IB framework
- Integrates educational technology to enrich students' learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of innovative educational theory and best practices
- Displays knowledge of child development and the ability to apply knowledge to the北京市朝阳区顺白路 300 号
300, Shun Bai Road, Chao Yang, Beijing
selection and application of curriculum materials and instructional practices
- Works effectively with students, parents, teachers
- Possesses strong organizational and planning skills
Personal & Professional Attributes
- Maintains a supportive, positive, and professional demeanour
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Models organizational values and beliefs
- Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
- Adapts instructional practices to align with evolving students' needs
- Performs duties effectively and efficiently to support and contribute to high student
achievement and engagement
* = required
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field *
- Master's Degree
- Qualified Teacher Status or other recognized Teaching Credentials *
- Demonstrates successful teaching experiences with a wide range of learners *
-According to the teacher's background and teaching experience
Post date: 2022-06-15