Secondary English Teacher(IGCSE/IELTS)
About The SchoolPreparing students for academic success at the most highly regarded universities aboard. Learn more about this school
Jinan foreign language school is a unique school based upon foreign language development. Over the years, the school has developed foreign language techniques, such as multi-lingual, multi-classes, small classes, using original textbooks, teaching in English, adapting foreign teaching principles, promoting classifi...
Position: Secondary School English Teacher
Qualifications: Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed. The candidate must have the ability to teach an IGCSE English syllabus, (speaking, listening, reading and writing), to second language learners.
Goal: To support students’ achievement in gaining a strong understanding of the structure of the English language in both written and spoken forms. Develop in students the ability to read and communicate effectively in subjects other than English with the goal of college acceptance. Achieve qualifying marks on the IGCSE syllabus, TOFEL and the IELTS exam.
Performs duties assigned by the Director of Instruction. All employees must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Designs lessons that meet the school’s standards and the evaluated students’ needs.
- Is current in the learning theory, teaching methods and subject matter content related to a secondary school English course.
- Evaluates students on the proposed standards using effective record keeping and prompt feedback to students and families.
- Effectively manages students to provide a safe and supportive learning atmosphere.
- Joins with the other teachers in the JNFLS International Center community to develop a professional atmosphere that promotes academic rigor with compassionate instructional practices.
- Is able to satisfy the teaching standards defined by the school as essential elements of a qualified teacher.
- Other comparable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1) Native Speaker of English from US, Australia, Britain, Ireland, Canada and New Zealand.
2) Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree required.
3) TEFL Certificate is preferred. This must be a 120 hour training course that was not done entirely online and included a practicum of observed practice teaching of at least 20 hours.
4) Experience teaching high school or teenagers is preferred.
5) Experience teaching English as a Foreign Language is preferred.
Some experience with IELTS, Cambridge International Exams, and the CEFR would be preferable but not required.
1) Free Housing on a school campus with free 24 hrs hot water, WIFI, electricity, water, gas and heating.
2) Free International Airfare from your home country to Jinan, Shandong, China, and one return flight home paid for by the school each year. Or 10,000RMB travel allowance for summer vacation every year （reimbursement only cover hotel and travelling cost）.
3) All China Visa costs covered by the school.
4) Western Academic Management.
5) A Competitive Salary in the range of 21,000-27,000 RMB before tax per month based on experience and qualifications. Full salary is applied for summer and winter holidays.
6) Bonus at the end of two years contract.
7) Free housing and free airfare should all allow you to save the vast majority of your salary each month.
8) Commercial Health Insurance every year.
9）Winter and summer holiday with fully paid, two and half months totally.