Secondary Humanities Teacher
About The SchoolCommitted to Global Education. Learn more about this school
Yew Wah has been providing all-round Early Childhood, Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary programmes to the young generation in China for many years. With the focus on preparing students to be responsible citizens of the emerging global civilisation who have a sense of personal and social responsibility, we develop students' ability in different aspects by using the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and cultures.
At Yew Wah, we are committed to fostering students' spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional development. An open outlook is nurtured in each student and they are encouraged to develop their talents and contribute actively to society.
Following the expansion of the schools in China, educators joining Yew Wah will have an opportunity to develop their teaching career in the rapidly growing areas where teaching and learning are equally important.
We offer an excellent package for Yew Wah staff including competitive salary, housing, paid leave, etc. Yew Wah also emphasises the development for employees by offering various training opportunities that best meet their needs.
YCIS and YWIES schools are committed to creating a safe environment for our students. We require that all adults on campus or working with students off campus, engage in safe, supportive, and respectful interactions with students at all times. We ask teachers and other adults who are interested in applying for a job at a YWIES school to read our Child Protection Policy and Procedures before lodging their application.
• Cope securely with subject-related questions that students raise and know about students' common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject(s)
• All secondary school curriculum and assessment guidelines
Planning and setting expectations
Teaching and Managing Student learning
• At least 2 years full-time teaching experience either in home country or other countries
• Alignment with a studentcentered approach to teaching and learning
• Experience in using EAL teaching strategies with students
• Understanding of differentiation and individualized learning needs
• Relevant curriculum experience (Chinese National Curriculum, IGCSE, A Level)
- Basic salary range is ¥25K-44K/Month before tax(Depends on candidates' qualification and experience)
- Performance bonus
- Housing allowance or free accommodation
- Free tuition (up to 2 children)
- Flight reimbursement
- Global health insurance for a family package
- 100% paid summer and winter vacations