Beijing World Youth Academy
Secondary School Teacher-Librarian
¥30K-36K/Month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-16
About The SchoolLocally grounded, globally aware. Learn more about this school
Builds and strengthens library collections, practices, programs, events, in collaboration with teaching faculty and school leadership, in support of the I.B. and IGCSE curricula. Advises on library design, for enhancement of library spaces, improved access to collections and increasing frequency and forms of use. Ensure the secondary library serves as hub for learning that supports the MYP, DP and IGCSE.
Reports to: Secondary School Principal
- Oversight of staff who manage purchasing and acquisitions, and student volunteers.
- Managing the budget given for purchasing books, textbooks, magazines and teaching materials including online resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Library Science
- Teaching license is preferred
- Good classroom management skills
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a school library setting
- Familiarity with e-books, electronic databases
- Knowledge of contemporary library design theory and practice
- 2 years working experience teaching Science.
- Teaching experience in an international school is preferred.
- Cross-culture working experience
- Strong Communication and InterPersonal Skills
- Range of salary: 30K-36K/Month
- Premium medical insurance, all hospitals in Beijing are covered(United Family, Raffles has 50% co-pay);
- Travel allowance
- Annual Health check up
- Full paid holiday: public holiday with extra days for a whole week; winter break(Christmas holiday for 2 weeks) and summer break for 7 weeks; 2-3 days as Term Break.
Post date: 2022-02-10