This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Shanghai Singapore International School
Senior School Assistant Principal
¥39.5K-50.5K/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-10
About The SchoolWell know institution with long history providing high quality IB Career related program. Learn more about this school
The Assistant Principal will support the divisional Principal in the successful planning, implementation, and oversight of the Senior School pastoral (RAPS) programme and to effectively implement the student development programme (K-12), with special focus on character/behaviour development and wellness management. The Assistant Principal will also assist the Principal to line manage academic departments and Curriculum Coordinators.
Reports to: Senior School Principal
Teaching Periods: 3-6 periods
1. General Responsibilities:
• exemplify and articulate the vision, aims, and core values of the school
• a collegiate working style, with an inclusive and empowering approach to management.
• a commitment to principles of sound management including development of staff, establishment and communication of clear standards and expectations, effective delegation, performance monitoring and management, building of trust.
• a compelling personal style with qualities of authority, credibility, personal presence and a passionate commitment to excellence and all-round education.
• exceptional communication (both oral and written) and relationship building skills, allied with the ability to listen.
• a strong commitment to upholding high standards and supporting the extra-curricular life of the school.
• personal strength of character with a commitment to transparency, honesty and fairness.
2. Assistant Principal Key Responsibilities
•to successfully plan, implement, and have oversight of the Senior School pastoral (RAPS) programme including interhouse events.
• to effectively implement and align the Senior School student development programme and Future Global Leader attributes with special focus on character/behaviour
development and wellness management with the Primary and Pre-School.
• model excellence, creativity and innovation in teaching and learning across the school.
• to support research-based initiatives amongst teaching staff, supporting the
dissemination of knowledge and understanding of these across the staff.
• to assist the Principal to line manage the Heads of Department.
• to assist the Principal to work with Heads of Department’s to support the development of
high-quality teaching and assessment across the school.
• assist the Principal to monitor, observe and evaluate teaching within the school,
identifying areas for staff development, embedding training needs, and making
recommendations as appropriate to the Principal.
• to manage and work with the teachers to ensure scholars and other Gifted, and
Talented students have suitable enrichment and extension provision.
• to work with the Principal and RAPS Coordinator to promote a positive school culture and spirit.
• to work with the Principal and Director of Student Services to ensure those with EAL needs are identified and that appropriate support is given both by specialist language teachers and by all teachers in the classroom.
• to work with the Principal and Director of Student Services to ensure those with learning needs are identified and that appropriate support is given both by all teachers and additional support is provided outside the classroom.
• to work with the Principal and Director of ICT to lead the direction, use and development
of digital technology in the learning process, planning and advising on future initiatives,
and encouraging risk taking in the use of ICT to enhance the learning process for all.
• to work with the Principal and Director of Teaching, and Learning to support individual
teachers professional learning plans.
• to be a member of the Core Leadership team and work with the Principal to enhance the
strategic development of the school.
• arrange the daily teacher cover/relief schedule.
• assist the Principal with classroom and bus discipline referrals. assist the Principal with planning the Parent Teacher and Student Led Conferences.
• assist the Principal to the identification and management of teachers placed on TSP’s
(teacher support programme).
• to work with the Principal to identify and recruit outstanding teachers.
• a master’s degree or higher is desirable, preferably in educational leadership.
• a strong background in pastoral care and wellness.
• a track record of successful leadership in an academic department and curriculum
including support and enrichment/extension, • an impressive record as an outstanding teacher and leader.
• excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• work experience with other cultures and nationalities within an international education
- A Competitive Salary paid in RMB plus re-signing incentives
- A two-year contract (renewable by mutual agreement)
- Annual flights to and from your point of origin
- Tuition Fee waiver for two dependent children per teaching family
- On-campus Accommodation (depending on vacancy) or Housing Allowance 9K-10K after tax
- Moving Allowance
- Accident / Medical Insurance
- Dependent’s Subsidy Allowance
- Paid Vacation
- School Bus Service to and from school at designated pick-up points
- Lunch during school days
- Laptop Subsidy
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Continuing Professional Development
Post date: 2022-02-23