Senior School Chemistry Teacher
About The SchoolHaileybury has established Australia’s first international school in China. Learn more about this school
The primary responsibility of the Senior School Chemistry Teacher is to deliver and promote Chemistry at senior levels within the School.
Teachers should ensure:
• Their delivery of the curriculum caters for students with varying learning styles and ensures best practice in pedagogy in Senior School Chemistry
• They keep up-to-date with modern teaching practice
• They use appropriate learning styles for EAL students
• That they use a variety of assessment tasks for students to experience success and accurately assess and build levels of student achievement
• Teachers are expected to participate in co-curricular activities including sport, the arts and/or outdoor activities.
• Teachers are expected to maintain records of classroom attendance
• Report writing in accordance with School policy
• Attend staff and other administrative meetings as required
• Undertake evening study supervision as required
• Attend parent/teacher interviews and promotional events as required.