This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Shanghai Singapore International School
Senior School Strings Teacher
¥ 26K-37K/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-01
About The SchoolWell know institution with long history providing high quality IB Career related program. Learn more about this school
Founded and invested by the Prime Group International. With the official approval from the Ministry of Education, PRC, Shanghai Singapore International School (SSIS) was officially opened on 3rd September 1996. SSIS provides a continuous K-12 academic journey to expatriate children from two to 18 years old in Shanghai.
Its' ﬁrst campus was set up in 1996 with only 18 students and nine teachers. Now, the school has grown to a community with 1,400 students and 197 teachers.
SSIS's curriculum draws from world-recognised international programmes which include the Singapore Curriculum, IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. These are weaved into a powerful bilingual education model – truly one-of-its-kind in China. SSIS focus on inquiry-based learning, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving in a rigorous learning environment. This prepares SSIS students for the challenges of the modern integrated world.
The successful candidate will provide classroom string instrument instruction to senior school students, develop a comprehensive and appropriate strings curriculum, conduct the senior school orchestra and other strings groups, and organise events and performancers throughout the year, together with the duties expected of a teacher in the school as part of the faculty team.
Supervised, Evaluated by, and Reports to:
Reports to Coordinator/Director of Aesthetics and Senior School Principal
1. To instruct experienced string players (Grade 7+8) in a class ensemble setting, building on their knowledge from primary school.
2. To instruct music theory within the class, with a focus on IGCSE preparation
3. To assist in developing and maintaining a Grade 7+8 strings curriculum which builds on
the primary curriculum
4. To direct Chamber Ensembles within the class which will perform regularly
5. To plan and organize repertoire for individual classes.
6. To encourage student performances within the classroom and the school community.
7. To assess student progress through performance and written assessments.
8. To work collaboratively with the Performing Art department faculty.
9. To complete term reports on student achievement.
10. Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Senior School Principal or Director of Aesthetics
1. Degree in relevant field
2. Experience teaching violin and or cello (both preferred)
3. Preferred- experience teaching viola and double bass
4. Preferred- experience conducting chamber ensembles
- A Competitive Salary paid in RMB plus re-signing incentives
- A two-year contract (renewable by mutual agreement)
- Annual flights to and from your point of origin
- Tuition Fee waiver for two dependent children per teaching family
- On-campus Accommodation (depending on vacancy) or Housing Allowance 9K
- Moving Allowance
- Accident / Medical Insurance
- Dependent’s Subsidy Allowance
- Paid Vacation
- School Bus Service to and from school at designated pick-up points
- Lunch during school days
- Laptop Subsidy
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Continuing Professional Development
Post date: 2021-03-12