This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
The International Montessori School of Beijing
Social Studies teacher Grade 6 & 7
￥18k - 30k/month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-08-31
About The SchoolOur mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. Learn more about this school
This is a vacancy from a client of TopTutorJob.cn. We are looking for a social studies teacher in Beijing.
About our client
Founded in 1990, our client focuses on nursery, preschool, and elementary school education. Located in Chaoyang District, there are current 400 students in the school. Montessori curriculum is implemented in this school.
About the city
Beijing, the capital city of China. You can experience both modern atmosphere and traditional Chinese culture within this metropolitan.
The Social Studies Teacher will support the delivery of the Montessori social studies curriculum to the grades 5 classes and will be an active and full member of the teaching team with assigned classroom duties and responsibilities. The Specialist will share a sincere commitment to working collaboratively with the immediate classroom team, students, staff and parents of the school.
• Create and maintain an appropriate classroom environment.
• Adapt and deliver the social studies curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students (ex. students with low proficiency in English) .
• Assess students at the beginning of and throughout the year and group them accordingly.
• Design and execute termly and weekly lesson plans upon approval of your Immediate Supervisor.
• Create and adapt study materials and activities to supplement the current syllabus and ultimately ensure a curriculum is developed which encompasses Best Practice principles.
• Monitor and evaluate students’ academic progress through up-to-date records of students’ daily work, homework and test scores
• Establish and maintain standards of student behaviour, which is compliant with the expectations of the classroom and school norms.
• Collaborate with lead teachers to ensure a unified teaching approach and understanding of students’ academic and social growth.
• Assign and mark weekly homework in a timely fashion and follow up with students, lead teachers, and/or parents as required and when work is incomplete.
• Provide the graded homework to the Lead English Teacher by no later than Friday morning of each week.
• Assign all homework so that it is ready for students to use on Monday morning each week.
• Write comments for school report cards.
• Participate in Parent-Teacher conferences and respond to parent questions and concerns including the creation of documentation for the student files.
• Attend curriculum overview evenings and be prepared to overview the social studies program and answer relevant questions.
• Assume playground, lunch and other supervisory roles as required.
• Provide support to the school community as a whole.
• Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, or SINGAPORE; an effective communicator
• BA degree in humanities/social studies/ sociology/education or relevant field; ideally with a professional teaching license, PGCE/PGDE/SACE, or a certified teacher
• Minimum of 2+ years teaching experience; familiarity with the Montessori educational system is a plus
• Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
• Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
• Ability to work in a team
• Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
• Creative problem solving skills
• To conduct oneself professionally, courteously and ethically at all times, being respectful of all members of the school community and dressing appropriately as a representative of our community.
• To maintain an awareness of all standards and practices outlined in the staff handbook.
• To protect the privacy and working atmosphere of the community at all times.
• To support the development efforts of the school community through visibility at various events throughout the year.
• To participate in performance review and self-evaluation as required by the Senior Academic Team.
• Attend in-house events and staff meetings as allocated by the school.
- Basic monthly salary 18k - 30k/month after tax (depending on the qualification and experience)
- Housing allowance provided
- Flight ticket reimbursement
- Summer and winter vacation fully paid
- 3-week off for Christmas
- 2-week off for Chinese New Year
Post date: 2019-05-13