Xi'an Jiaotong University
Summer English Program Instructor positions
¥15K+/Month Xi'an, Shaanxi, China 3 positions available Starting date in 2018-07-15
About The SchoolXi'an Jiaotong University is one of the country's oldest institutions of higher learning. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Qualified Guest English Lecturers will join a team of 65 teachers from around the world at Xi’an Jiaotong University’s Summer English Program. Guest Lecturers will be expected to plan for and conduct 5 hours per day of Communicative (speaking & listening) activities for Jiaoda's 1st year students. This is more than a language program: it is a large cultural exchange.
Join our faculty of 65 professional teachers from around the world for a one-month Intensive English Program for all 4,300 first-year students at XJTU. Work and play for a month in the fabled city of Xi’an, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities, home of the Terracotta Warriors, the eastern terminus of the Silk Road, and the cradle of Chinese civilization.
Requirements- BA or higher in Education or related field.
- 1 full-year teaching experience, ELA preferred.
- Familiar with TESOL/General English as a Second Language.
- Familiar with and able to conduct communicative teaching practices.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a teaching partner within a teaching team.
- Confidence in teaching and managing a class of 40 students.
- Passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining.
- Appropriate visa (more on this to come from the program coordinators upon acceptance to the program).
Benefits- 15,000 RMB (2,350 USD) reimbursement for all travel expenses.
- Free accommodation at the modern, comfortable Citadines Apartment Hotel across the street from Jiaoda’s main campus.
- Free board: Campus debit card valued at 900 yuan useable in campus cafeterias for meals and at campus stores for school supplies and personal items.
- Free weekend cultural tours: ancient Xi’an, Terracotta Warriors, Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi Province Museum, Muslim Quarter.
Post date: 2018-05-15