This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Xi’an Liangjiatan International School
Teacher of IB MYP Science &DP Chemistry
¥ 22-28K/Month Xi'an, Shaanxi, China 1 position available Starting date in 2020-08-01
About The SchoolXLIS provides a non-profit education focused on enabling confident, open-minded global citizens. Learn more about this school
Xi’an Liangjiatan International School (XLIS), the successor of Xi’an Hi-Tech International School, International Department (XHISID), was founded in 2004. It is the first IB World School authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization in the northwest region of China. It is also a key international education program supported by the Hi-Tech Zone Administrative Committee of Xi’an, Shaanxi. The new campus of Xi’an Liangjiatan International School covers a land area of 68,666 square meters. This establishment will be considered a green and modern campus which will provide outstanding international education on a large scale.
Scope and purpose of the job:
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. The successful candidate should be an outstanding teacher, learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate should be able to provide professional expertise, and high quality teaching and learning. The successful candidate should make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning, high performance and achievement for all students. The successful candidate should be flexible, creative and innovative and should be able to collaborate with colleagues in the division and in the school.
The role assumes professional responsibility for providing, leading and facilitating diverse and effective learning experiences using a range of experimental methods in a supportive and positive climate across the secondary school. The successful candidate should be an adaptable and inspiring educator, with the ability to deliver a coherent, balanced, integrated, inquiry-based programme and should be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities ：
The teacher of MYP Science & DP Chemistry is expected to:
• Work with staff and pupils in the Secondary section of the school, with responsibility to introduce and develop the concepts, processes and skills of the Science curriculum.
• Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills.
• Keep up to date with the latest developments for use in teaching and learning.
• Collaborate with colleagues in the development of the Science curriculum.
• Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Head of Secondary or Head of School.
• Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular programme
• Adhere to all school policies
• Establish and develop close relationships with parents and the community, specifically building and maintaining relationships with other relevant people and agencies.
• Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) to a variety of audiences.
Reports to: Head of Secondary
Start date: August 2019
• Qualified teacher status appropriate to the teaching duties to be undertaken.
• Proven experience and depth of knowledge in Science teaching at middle school and high school level.
• Knowledge and experience of teaching Science at MYP and DP Chemistry level.
• Proven experience and depth of secondary school Science teaching.
• Ability to teach other areas such as ‘TOK’ would be an advantage.
• Native English speaker.
- Start Salary: 22,000 - 28,000 RMB/month based on qualification and experience
- School accommodation or 3,500 RMB House allowance
- Flight reimbursed: 12,000 RMB for single teacher/24,000 RMB for family
- Shipping Allowance 5,000 RMB
- Pay review : Annual salary adjustment subject to overall school profit and individual evaluation performance
- Paid Vacations in winter, summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holiday’s arrangement
- Annual leave 9 days
- Free Lunch in campus
- Full worldwide health insurance
- On-board training
- Children’s Tuition provided
- Legal, fully-financed ‘Z’ work visa provided: 5,000 RMB maximum
Post date: 2020-01-05