Teacher of PE & Girls’ Sport
About The SchoolWCIS provides high-quality, optimal, diverse education for children aged from 2-18. Learn more about this school
This employer is looking for an
inspirational teacher of Girls Physical Education & Sport. In addition to
high-quality teaching across the Prep and Senior Schools, the ideal candidate
will be suitably qualified and experienced to coach and lead a variety of
sports within the extra-curricular sport programme.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the
whole school and raise standards in teaching, learning and attainment of pupils
from Year 1 to Year 9 whilst considering the curriculum requirements.
- To work with the PE department to achieve the priorities and
targets of outstanding PE lessons and the highest standards of coaching of the
college’s girls’ sports teams.
- To support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the
school’s policies and developments in PE and to keep abreast of educational
developments in PE in line with the needs of the college.
- To be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating thorough
and effective panning, teaching and organisation and the highest standards of
achievement and behaviour in PE.
- To be an active member of the department in the on-going
review of the PE curriculum and related schemes of work.
- To support the development of the PE assessment procedures
in liaison with class teachers and ensure there is progression across year
- To demonstrate good subject knowledge across a wide range of
activities in each area of the school (Prep and Senior).
- To inform and manage TAs in support roles in PE lessons.
- To work closely with the wider sports department to secure
and maintain excellent communication and the highest standards within the
- Other Specific Responsibilities:
- Offer and lead a variety of extra-curricular PE clubs.
- Jointly plan and coordinate prep inter house activities such
as sports day, football and cross country.
- Deliver swimming lessons to Year 1 and 2.
- Participate in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Participate in arrangements made by the college for the
review and management of
- Ensure safeguarding measures are adhered to in accordance
with the college’s child
- protection policy.
- The candidate will be a UK qualified teacher
- Either a Bachelor of Education degree, or a subject related
degree, plus a PGCE qualification. Have experience in teaching PE in Years 1 to
- The ability to coach one of the following core sports of
netball, volleyball or basketball to a high level is desirable.
- Substantial experience of delivering outstanding PE across
all year groups.
- Experience of assessing pupil progress in a range of
- High level of playing experience, passion and delivery of PE
and girls’ sport.
- Experience of contributing to policy and decision making
with flexibility, drive, energy
- and enthusiasm.
- Approachability and a sense of humour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage
time effectively to meet
- Be highly organized and able to keep parents up to date and
well informed of all
- arrangements for sports events and fixtures.
- To strictly adhere to the highest expectations of being a
- International Shanghai teacher as stated in the college
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package,
for further details consult our Teaching Salary Scale and Benefits document.