This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Wellington College International Hangzhou
Negotiable Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2018-10-05
About The SchoolTo inspire pupils to become intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive Learn more about this school
The teaching assistant works collaboratively with the class teachers provide education to
pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. He/She must support each
individual pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be
inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The teaching assistant must
demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the
school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to
the needs of the pupils.
The teaching assistant will:
• assist in teaching the designated classes, and ensure that planning, preparation,
recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
• maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the
• contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff,
parents and governors;
• take on the role as Counsellor as assigned by Headmasters of school.
- Education： Evidence of additional training and commitment to further professional development. Support of Wellington/Huili Values
- Major： Education related preferred
- Language： Native Chinese and fluent in English
- Working Experience：International teaching experience as an advantage. Recent EC graduates may apply, as placements will
- be counted towards experience.
- Contribute to a program underpinned by an image of a strong and capable pupil.
- Assist teachers in setting up a classroom program that fosters independence, inquiry and learning progression.
- Support teachers with documentation via learning stories, reflective journals, transcribing pupil’s work, observations and narratives.
- Support the class team by contributing to reflective sessions.
- Use technology with pupils as a tool for learning, organising ideas and sharing with the wider community.
- Take advantage of serendipitous happenings and be flexible enough to extend learning at these times.
Post date: 2019-08-05