This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Yew Wah International Education School of Yantai
University Guidance Counselor (Secondary)
¥25K-44K/Month Yantai, Shandong, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-29
About The SchoolYew Wah has pioneered a new paradigm in international education. Learn more about this school
The UGC is responsible for guiding and assisting students and their families to make well-informed decisions regarding course selection, choice of university and major, and ultimate career path.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
If there is no University Guidance Administrative Officer (“UGAO” )in the school, the UGC will be responsible for those duties normally assigned to the UGAO(unless supported by the school office) and also be responsible for the additional following duties.
• Develop and teaching the career/university guidance curriculum.
• Advise students, as a group, on the importance and implications of subject selection at IGCSE, and individually in the year prior to entering A level. Answering individual student queries when required.
• Provide individual counseling to all year 12 and 13 students on the whole university application process, from subject selection, destination, identifying and short-listing choice of university and major, writing personal statements, departure.
• Provide group counseling to year 10 and 11 students on topics including subject selection, summer programmes, internships, university fairs, etc.
• Meet regularly with parents both on an individual (for year 12 and 13 students) and group for year 10 and 11 students) basis to discuss and offer advice on the overall university application process.
• Write references for all university applications, including meeting with coordinators and teachers for analysis of student potential.
• Compile and mailing university applications, which may include references, essays and transcripts, etc.
• Plan, organize and deliver a pre-departure briefing for graduating students to prepare them for their university experience.
B. Universities and Other Institutions
• Represent the school at various meetings and conferences
• Develop and maintain relationships with university representatives through planning a calendar of university visits to the school and hosting and coordinating such visits.
• Ensure that the school maintains affiliations with professional organizations such as CIS, OACAC and attend relevant conferences.
• Meet with the Co-Principals regularly to give reports and updates.
• Work with the Coordinator, Secondary Coordinator, department heads and subject teachers in the school.
• Develop good lines of communication with teachers to obtain academic information on students.
• Work closely with school English Department on providing extra guidance to students with their personal statements and admission essays.
• Supervise the PSAT and SAT, if applicable.
• Organize and delivering workshops for teachers to keep them informed of the functions of the UGO and provide them with guidance on writing subject references.
• Provide educational and career programmes for students from years 9-13.
• Deliver presentations during school IB and IGCSE Information Evenings.
• Organize the school university information evenings.
D. Managing the operations of the UGO
• Oversee and manage the daily operation of the school UGO (if there is no HUGO.
• Oversee, manage and monitor the UGO budget (if there is no HUGO).
• Develop and maintain a fully-equipped and up-to-date university and career resource center.
• Plan, implement and publish student guidelines for university applications.
• Develop and update checklists and timelines for senior students regarding the university application process.
• Ensure that accurate and up-to-date student and school records are maintained.
• Be active in representing the school in networking events and activities where there is the prospect to strengthen the relationships relevant to university admissions and counseling.
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 2 years full-time teaching experience either in home country or other countries
• Alignment with a studentcentered approach to teaching and learning
• Experience in using EAL teaching strategies with students
• Understanding of differentiation and individualized learning needs
• Relevant curriculum experience (Chinese National Curriculum, IGCSE, A Level)
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a subject
• Teaching licensure such as PGCE, QTS, or state teaching license
• Current Child Protection certificate or equivalent
- Basic salary range is ¥25K-44K/Month before tax(Depends on candidates' qualification and experience)
- Performance bonus
- Housing allowance or free accommodation
- Free tuition (up to 2 children)
- Flight reimbursement
- Global health insurance for a family package
- 100% paid summer and winter vacations
Post date: 2021-11-16