Visual Arts Teacher, Primary Division
About The SchoolProviding transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe Learn more about this school
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues' longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Avenues, children act as artists every day: making creative choices, manipulating materials, exploring themes, ideas and meanings. Through arts, children also develop social and fine motor skills while learning through the target language. As the arts teacher, you will:
- Develop and teach highly engaging, exploratory, child-centered arts curriculum
- Support all students’ maturation and development, targeting support to address individual needs
- Build a warm, supportive, respectful learning atmosphere
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to continually enrich the student experience and school culture
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
- 2+ years of arts teaching experience with children ages 5-10
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children's wellbeing
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Proven track-record of students producing high-quality work that shows flexible thinking and deep understanding across mediums
- Dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Professional fluency in English; Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Basic Salary:Negotiable depends on Qualification and Experience
- Housing allowance
- International Insurance and Local Insurance
- Free tuition for child
- other benefits