About The SchoolIt provides bilingual courses to Chinese students. Learn more about this school
The Academic Director sets the tone for an effective and successful launching of the Southlands Curriculum in Weiming Schools. As role models which represent both Southlands and Weiming, Academic Directors will show humility and a cooperative spirit in implementing Weiming school policies and coordinating with other departments within the Weiming school. At the same time, Academic Directors will also communicate openly with Southlands administration about issues that need resolution in order to implement the Southlands Academic program with excellence. The expatriate academic director oversees the expatriate teachers engaged in the Southlands curriculum, takes the responsibility of program quality, and makes suggestion to the local teachers. The Director will also earn the respect of students and parents through their own listening, personal communication, and problem resolution, as well as the actions and communication of all the staff they supervise.
1. Attends the meetings of Weiming school, understands its strategy of development and current situations, and makes suggestions on feasibility at the request of the superior.
2. Helps the superior to create development plan for the Southlands programs.
3. At the request of the superior, participates in the Southlands curriculum meetings and reports on the implementation of the program. To improve the quality of the program, raises questions, seeks solutions and reports the minutes and decisions to the Weiming superior within 24 hours.
4. Oversees implementation of Southlands programs in Weiming including but not limited to information system, academic system, and evaluation system and take responsibilities for the quality of the program.
5. Coordinates between Weiming school and Southlands and provides the curriculum and teaching plan at least one month before the new semester.
6. Interviews expatriate teaching candidates at the request of the superior from the program, Observes the demo teaching, evaluate the capacities of teachers and gives advice.
7. Helps the superior to create course schedule. Makes admission exams for students at the request of the superior， proposes the enrollment suggestions based on the Southlands admission criteria.
9. Evaluates each teacher regarding their teaching effectiveness and student progress and gives feedback to teachers after consulting the superior.
10. Makes recommendations regarding adjustments to curriculum and/or teacher training based on student progress and feedback from the teachers and administrators.
11. Keeps records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation of the students. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents; oversees parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and as-needed basis.
12. Organizes extracurricular clubs, competitions, and volunteering opportunities for students under the approval from the superior.
13. Oversees Guidance counseling for students.
15. Create progress reports and recommendations of ongoing Southland programs for the Southlands Overseas Campus Division Principal and SSI administration.
16. At the request of the superior, participates and/or leads faculty meetings, educational conferences, professional training seminars, and workshops and reports the minutes and decisions to the superior promptly.
17. At the request of the superior, organizes and makes public presentations in opening ceremonies, awards assemblies, and graduation ceremonies, as well as recruiting events and other events open to parents.
18. When communicate with Southlands on academic issues, must CC to the key administrators in Weiming school, to make sure that all the members engaged in the program are on the same page.
Bachelor’s degree and Secondary teaching or administrative credential required.
At least five years of leadership experience in K12 School setting.
Desire to work with middle / high school-aged children; specialized training for dealing with that
age group is a definite asset.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft software and LMS software required.
Strong organizational ability and the ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to plan in advance and work effectively with both Chinese and expatriate administrators
- Basic monthly salary: 35,000-40,000 RMB /Month (before tax)
- Housing Allowance: RMB4500/month
- Year-end bonus:10,000RMB/Year
- Relocation Fee: RMB1500 upon arrival
- Free meals
- International commercial insurance
- Tuition Fee provided for children
- Vacation with pay
- Flight allowance：¥10k for Round-trip Flight Reimbursement after one-year employment
- Work visa sponsorship(Up to RMB 2,000RMB)
- Other benefits negotiable