This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
The British School of Beijing (Shunyi)
￥15k-25k/Month Beijing, China Several Starting date in 2018-04-01
About The SchoolSupport your child to excel at every stage. Learn more about this school
Job DescriptionNord Anglia Education is the world's leading premium schools organisation. We are a family of 46 international schools, boarding schools and private schools located in 17 countries around the world. Together, we educate more than 39,000 students between the ages of 2 and 18 years old.
The British School of Beijing Shunyi (BSB), a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, which is at an exciting stage of its development, having grown very significantly in the past decade and now numbering approximately 1,000 students aged 1-18. We have outstanding students from approximately 60 nationalities, who thrive academically and who are committed to achieving their best, and who grow with us as true global citizens through our culture of respect, opportunity and personal development. We also have highly supportive parents who engage fully in the life of the school and their children’s education.
The role of the Admissions Advisor is:
• To ensure that school adheres to standardized enquiry handling protocol as advised by Nord Anglia Education (NAE).
• To ensure that a high quality of customer service is maintained at all times.
• To respond to all student enrolment enquiries in an efficient manner, with emphasis on customer service.
• To act as a point of contact for all follow up admissions enquiries from potential or existing parents.
• To conduct Tours of the school to potential parents in a personalized manner that reacts to the needs and concerns of the parents and or student, while promoting and adhering to the Company Vision and Values.
• To participate in any school events with the purpose of student recruitment or student retention such as fairs, open days, family fun days etc.
• Interviewing applicants and their parents, evaluating applications, and working closely with the Admissions and Marketing Manager to “build a class”.
• Liaise with the EAL Coordinator and the Deputy Heads of school to set up and evaluate student assessments.
• Manage all new student applications, confirming process with prospects and working through application to point of completion including collecting all pertinent documentation, payments and preparing and sending the acceptance documentation.
• Monitor incoming mail/electronic mail and respond to routine matters and/or forward to Admissions and Marketing Manager for information or action.
• To ensure records and files are kept concerning visitors and registrations.
• To use the Management Information System iSAMS to ensure that all pupil records are up to date and data is managed in system correctly and is accurate for reporting purposes.
• To participate in the student retention process including the leavers survey and consequent follow up and reporting.
• To play an active role in maintaining close relationships with local businesses, organisations, relocations agencies.
• To maintain and distribute all promotional materials for the school in liaison with Marketing Office.
• To develop parent liaison and relationships ensuring that word of mouth comments are positive
• To act as parent liaison with specific nationality groups depending on language ability and as required by the school.
• To undertake any other duties as requested by line manager where appropriate.
Post date: 2018-03-29