Business and Economics Teacher
About The SchoolOur top-quality British international school opens for selected year groups in September 2022. Learn more about this school
A warm welcome to join the founding team of our top-quality British international school, Shrewsbury Guangzhou, opening for selected year groups in September 2022. The school is located on a purpose-built riverfront campus in Guangzhou’s Nansha District. Shrewsbury Guangzhou is affiliated to Shrewsbury School in the UK, founded in 1552, and to Shrewsbury International Schools in Bangkok (opened 2003) and Hong Kong (opened 2018). We will deliver a world-class primary and secondary British curriculum from Year 1-13, together with a strong programme of Chinese language and culture. The school offers boarding from Year 8. The enrollment capacity of the world-class campus facility is 2200 students.
The Teacher of Business and Economics is either a foreign passport holder or a Chinese bi-lingual teacher. The Teacher of Business and Economics is expected to teach from Year 10 upwards and deliver the subject from IGCSE up to A Level. Experience of teaching both Business Studies and Economics at GCSE or A Level is required. We are looking for an inspirational teacher who is keen to further enhance the teaching and learning in the school. The Teacher is expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities in the field of Business Enterprise.
The successful candidate exhibits the following characteristics:
- A well-qualified Business Studies or Economics specialist.
- A dedicated, highly motivated teacher, capable of inspiring students.
- A full working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and an ability and aspiration to attain the highest standards.
- Experience of working with English Language Learners (ELL) or a desire to broaden his / her experience and skills in EAL teaching and learning strategies.
- A flexible approach to working within the school curriculum and structures.
- An appreciation of the value of the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive approach to professional development, particularly in the areas Business Studies or Economics, EAL and ICT.
- Internationally minded.
- Interested in and respectful of Chinese culture, language and society.
- The ability to work within and apply all school policies.
The successful candidate will be required to provide:
- Criminal record check(s) according to residence history prior to the start of contract.
- Confirmation of identity (National ID card / Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and higher
- QTS or relevant teacher’s qualification certificate of other countries.
Shrewsbury International School promotes the welfare and wellbeing of children and is committed to Child Protection and Safeguarding.
An internationally competitive package of remuneration and benefits is offered under the terms of a two-year contract.