This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Beijing SMIC Private School & Kindergarten
High School Computer Science- Technology Teacher
¥28K-37K/Month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2023-09-30
About The SchoolThis school covers education levels from kindergarten to high school with multicultural environment. Learn more about this school
Provide instructional guidance to students in academic technology courses (grades 9-12) while actively contributing to our students and school through roles expected of a holistic professional educator in a dynamic system dedicated to honor, excellence, community and joy.
Job Duties for Teaching and Learning
- Minimum of 20 periods of working load per week.
- Work on curriculum development, which includes preparing effective diverse lesson units based on the school’s curriculum formats using the Understanding by Design (UbD)
- Could include teaching AP Computer Science, Robotics/AI, Coding or other academic technology courses, as assigned according to student enrollment and teacher interest
- Collaborate with grade-level teams to plan through fostering a team focused department
- Design authentic assessments and measure their effectiveness in meeting curricular goals
- Promote our “Expected Student Learning Results” (ESLRs): English oral and written communication skills, collaboration, self-directed learning, and critical and creative thinking
- Maintain and update timely student records including grading (homework, grade books, progress reports, report cards, student attendance, and other required documents)
- Be actively involved in (at least two) extra-curricular activities as a technology- related sponsor/ advisor/coach/helper/school committee member, etc.
- Actively fulfill assigned supervision duties (i.e., study hall, supervising students during open computer lab times, lunch/morning duty, etc.)
- Prepare effective and diverse classroom lessons to implement the school’s technology curriculum
- Work closely with parents/guardians by providing feedback on progress, answering questions, and being an educational partner where possible
- Proactively meet and communicate with parents/guardians, students and other teachers when necessary to develop interventions for students with academic, emotional/behavioral or other needs
- Comfortable working with advanced motivated students who have strong academic backgrounds
- Serve as a substitute teacher when needed
- Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; grade level; committees, faculty; etc.)
- Assist with additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate strong positive commitment toward school improvement
- Demonstrate commitment to technology in high school level including innovations and best practices.
- Help develop, maintain and follow an established math grades 10-12 curriculum including designing units to support it
- Knowledgeable about the American-style education system and how secondary level classroom instruction integrates into it
- Comfortable working in a school that integrates Chinese and American style educational philosophies
- Comfortable with computers for school related purposes including data management, Managebac, email, and MS Office programs
- Fluent in both oral and written English at a professional standard
- Desire to actively engage in professional development opportunities as provided by the school or through individual initiative
- Flexible in adapting to a multi-cultural environment with school community members of many nationalities
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in secondary education or a bachelor’s degree in a related field is considered.
- Eligible for a valid teaching license/certificate.
- Strong proficiency in computer programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++) and familiarity with web development, databases, and software engineering concepts
- At least 2 years full-time teaching science in a regular high school setting.
- Evidence of current relevant professional development especially in science instruction
- Start Salary: 28,000 - 37,000 RMB/month based on qualification and experience
- Subsidized housing provided
- Home Visit Travel Allowance : Additional 12,000 RMB/year to subsidize for travel (Paid 1,000 RMB monthly)
- Relocation Allowance (One-time only per employee/family if both employed)
- Moving from overseas:
A one-off relocation allowance will be payable in Chinese local currency RMB, following the guideline of 6,000RMB per single teacher and 12,000RMB per family
- Moving from mainland China:
3,000RMB per single teacher and 6,000RMB per family
- Pay review : Annual salary adjustment subject to overall school profit and individual evaluation performance
- Paid Vacations in winter, summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holiday’s arrangement
- Full worldwide health insurance- MSH Insurance
- Children’s SMIC School Tuition: Free for first child, 50-70% discount for second child depending on different program
Post date: 2023-09-11