This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Shanghai Hongrun Boyuan School
High School ESL / Language Arts Teacher
¥325K-375K/year Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2023-08-15
About The SchoolProvide bilingual or full English pre-university courses (including AP courses) Learn more about this school
Located on a beautiful, ten-acre lakeside campus near the ancient water town of Zhujiajiao in Shanghai’s
western Qingpu district, SHBS was founded in 2018 by a group of lifelong international educators. The fully
residential campus offers state-of-the-art resources, including a science building with laboratories for physics,
chemistry and biology; an arts building with painting, digital arts and ceramics studios; music practice,
performance and recording spaces; and recreational facilities for a wide range of sports.
SHBS is independently accredited by Cognia and offers a comprehensive American high school curriculum
in conjunction with Griggs International Academy. For Spring 2023, anticipated enrollment is 220 with
anticipated growth of 50-75 students for Fall 2023. The School has already established a track record of
excellent college admission outcomes, with students accepted to numerous highly selective institutions in the
US, UK, Canada and beyond. For the past two years SHBS has been included in both the Forbes and Hurun
rankings of the Top 100 International Schools in China.
Located on a beautiful, ten-acre lakeside campus adjacent to the ancient water town of Zhujiajiao in Shanghai’s
western Qingpu district, SHBS was founded in 2018 by a group of life-long international educators. Our
residential campus offers state-of-the-art resources, including science and STEAM laboratories; an arts center
with painting, digital arts, and ceramics studios; music practice, performance, and recording spaces; and
recreational facilities for a range of sports, including basketball, tennis, tai chi, golf, and crew. With our values of
dignity, honor, respect, and integrity, students’ personal and intellectual growth is fostered through a rigorous
curriculum grounded in discussion- and project-based learning.
SHBS offers a comprehensive American high school curriculum as an affiliate of Griggs
International Academy, which approves and audits all elements of instruction, including faculty
credentials, course material, and exams. SHBS is independently accredited by Cognia and is an
authorized ACT test center; as of Spring ’22 SHBS is also a Cambridge International School.
GRIGGS INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY is owned and operated by Andrews University and is
accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. GIA issues final transcripts
and upon completion of graduation requirements, students receive a Griggs
diploma. SHBS is the sole licensed partner of GIA in Shanghai.
Qualities, Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least two years’ experience as an educator committed to discussion-, inquiry- and project-based learning
in a student-focused environment; experience with language arts teaching as well as upper-level literature
courses and self-designed literature-based elective courses.
• Intercultural awareness and the flexibility to work in a dynamic, cross-cultural community; patience and
persistence; a collaborative, team-oriented work ethic; and, a good-humored self-awareness.
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters or higher preferred) in English, education or a related field; original credentials
must be available and notarized with apostille and certification from the appropriate Chinese consulate.
• Native/fluent English speaker from the US, UK, NZ, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or South Africa.
• Criminal background check and professional references as required for work in China.
• Twenty classroom hours a week (aprx. four periods a day with a workday from 8am – 4pm) in English
Language Arts / Literature instruction, along with associated planning, student support and evaluation;
and, participation in the academic life of the school.
• Help organize and advise an extracurricular club or activity.
• Occasional (no more than 3 times per term) assistance on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with
recruitment and admission activities.
• Availability for new faculty orientation and planning by 15 August 2023; the school year will conclude late
Salary range, exclusive of local taxes, of RMB 325,000 – 375,000 annually (aprx. US$46,000 – 54,000) or
as negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
• Local medical insurance and an additional personal healthcare and wellness allowance.
• Support attaining necessary work authorization and residency permit.
• Private on-campus housing with en-suite bath or a negotiated housing allowance.
• Transportation allowance.
• Support for professional development, including conference and workshop attendance.
• Official Chinese holidays; the school also has Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations (the later for at least
Applications and letters of interest, including a CV and contact information for at least two references, one of
which must be the present supervisor
Post date: 2022-12-12