About The SchoolAn extraordinary and unique school located in a convenient central area of Beijing City! Learn more about this school
- ETU is a progressive private school that is
dedicated to implementing innovative education practices such as Project-Based
Learning (PBL), STEAM, and Teaching Proficiency through Reading and
Storytelling (TPRS) and the Chinese national curriculum. This educational
concept brings Chinese and foreign teachers together for close collaboration and
innovation in education.
- Student age range: 3-6
- Class size: Up to 25 students
- Class length: Class times vary per semester
and class. Each semester, teachers create their teaching schedules
according to subjects taught and student needs. Typical class time for the
English Teacher is about 30% of the week (from 1 - 4:30 pm; Monday - Thursday).
- Working Days & Hours: School hours are 7:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, but
working hours vary according to teaching schedules. English Teachers typically
work 9 - 4:30.
- Curriculum: We have our own curriculum
adapted from the American Council of Teaching Foreign Languages and Common
Core literacy and subject-based standards taught through TPRS and PBL
- On-board and ongoing training in ETU’s pedagogical practices are
provided as part of our teacher-centered school model
- Share responsibility with a team
comprised of a Chinese teacher, and a teaching assistant in providing care for one class
- Responsible for collaborating with the English team in designing and
implementing innovative curriculum in language acquisition with a strong
emphasis on literacy
- Design and implement collaborative PBL projects
- Be responsible for curriculum design and development as
well as conducting, organizing and implementing teaching activities
including main subject (English) and interdisciplinary curriculum
- Guide Teaching Assistants on preparation of teaching
materials and aids
- Actively participate in research-based discussions on progressive pedagogical practices
- Be an
advocate of pedagogical practices – occasionally deliver workshops for
co-workers, parents, and members of the ETU network
- Be responsible for the
class order maintenance and childcare during non-teaching time activities
include but not limited to morning session, class discussions, snack
field trips and recess
- Be responsible for recording
and presenting student learning
and behavior through our ETU
- Conduct actively school-parent communication, organize
regular parents interviews with class teaching team and give timely
feedback about the development of students in school
- Positively guide students’ emotions and behaviors during school time, and cooperate with the
team on dealing with emergency situations
teachers should be creative, a strong communicator, culturally sensitive, an
advocate of one’s pedagogical practices, open to new ideas, a risk taker, and a
- Must be native English speakers
- Degree: Bachelor degree or higher
with a major in language, literature， English, education, or relevant subjects
- At least 3 years teaching experience in a kindergarten (or children's education institutions)
- Gross Monthly salary: RMB 22,000-32,000/month, depending on qualification.
- Housing: Monthly RMB 7,000.
- Medical Insurance covered.
- Home visit Reimbursement: RMB 15000/year.
Holiday: All Chinese Public holidays.
- Annual Paid Holiday: summer and winter holidays.
- Sick Leave: 5 days full pay sick leave per year.
- Pay Day: 5th of each month.
- Beijing BISS International School
Kindergarten teacher￥22k - 30k/month Beijing 1 position available