A Level English Teacher
About The SchoolGCIS was founded in 2011 specializing at A-Level and IGCSE international courses. Learn more about this school
The purpose of establishing Guanghua
Cambridge International School (GHCIS) was to combine the essence of both
Eastern and Western education, providing unique educational experiences that
allow students to achieve their full and individual potential, qualifying them
for study at prestigious overseas higher education institutions, and preparing
them to be world citizens with a global vision whilst also maintaining their
Chinese spirit and identity.
- Having a general lesson plan for all
lessons. The plan should be based on the published Scheme of Work and include
lesson objectives, teaching methodology and homework details.
- Teaching strictly to the CIE syllabus for
each subject. Teachers should use
the course book adopted by the school for each course, and supplement with any
suitable resources/ materials when necessary.
- Becoming familiar with the programs and
courses of study used at the school to ensure the teaching quality.
- Assigning homework, periodic tests, and
providing clear and actionable feedback in a timely manner.
- Preparing school reports twice each term:
once at the mid-term and another in the end of the term. School report
preparation includes students’ individual test/exam scores or grades with
teacher’s comments on student’s general performance, effort level, strengths,
and areas for concern.
- Meeting with parents to discuss students’
progress according to the school’s arrangements. Those meetings are
occasionally held after school hours or during the weekends.
- Promoting and adhering to school policies,
such as uniform, classroom rules and other disciplinary policies.
- Recording attendance at lessons, and
finding ways to investigate absence; report prolonged or regular absence to
- Participating in and/or help to organize
- Being observed by the Academic Director,
Subject coordinator and/or designated personnel for evaluation purposes and to
get support, encouragement and feedback for teaching.
- Following a set timetable for classes.
Personal arrangements for replacements and switching classes are not allowed
without management’s consent.
- Regularly evaluating his/her own
performance and progress.
- Providing useful suggestions to students
regarding their University entry requirements and write recommendation letters
- Hold a valid degree in the relevant subject
area and can demonstrate excellence and expertise in your specialist area
- Are a qualified teacher;
- Have relevant teaching experience;
- Welcome cultural diversity; appreciate
different thinking between Easterners and Westerners;
- Would like to have a unique teaching
experience with well-behaved Chinese students;
- Are a committed educator and passionate
- Care for students and put students at the
centre of everything.
- Starting salary: all depends on the
teacher’s academic qualifications and a number of years of relatable teaching
- For Newly Qualified Teachers: the entry
point ranges from RMB16,000 - RMB18,000 (taxable), plus RMB7,000 (net) housing
allowance per month;
- For teachers who have three or more years'
experiences in the relevant subject areas, salary will be in the range of
RMB19,000 - RMB23,000 (taxable)., plus RMB7,000(net) housing allowance;
- Completion bonus for a two year contract,
which is equivalent to one month salary (excluding housing allowance);
- Annual reimbursement for round trip airfare
economy class up to a maximum of RMB 8,000 between your home country residence
- Up to one-week free accommodation upon
initial arrival into China;
- Medical Insurance;
- Paid Chinese Statutory Holidays;
- Paid mandatory health check (on arrival in
China) and all visa extension fee.