Haileybury International School
Middle School English Teacher（EAL ESL）
20k-32K/month Tianjin, China 2 positions available Starting date in 2024-02-15
About The SchoolHaileybury has established Australia’s first international school in China. Learn more about this school
Are you ready for a new challenge? Have you ever dreamed of working overseas?
China is an amazing, complex and dynamic country whose people and economy are playing a major role in shaping the future of the world.
An exciting opportunity exists at the forefront of education in China for the right person.
Haileybury, the largest independent school in Australia, has established Australia’s first international school in China.
The school, situated near Beijing, teaches the VCE and has been created to cater for Chinese students who want an international future.
We need experienced Middle School English (EAL/ESL) Teachers who want to be part of this future.
The primary responsibility of the Middle School Teacher is to deliver and promote a strong English program within the junior years at the School.
Teachers should ensure:
• Their delivery of the curriculum caters for students with varying learning
styles and ensures best practice in pedagogy in English (EAL/ESL). • They keep up to date with modern teaching practice…the school expounds
the “Explicit Teaching - I Do, We Do, You Do’ model of early years pedagogy.
• They use appropriate learning styles for EAL/ESL students.
• That they use a variety of assessment tasks for students to experience
success and accurately assess and build levels of student achievement. • They attend relevant school promotional activities to help build the
Haileybury Tianjin community.
• Teachers are expected to participate in co-curricular activities including
sport, the arts and/or outdoor activities.
• Assist the expansion of the co-curricular events within the school.
• Teachers are expected to maintain records of classroom attendance. • Report writing in accordance with School policy. • Attend staff and other administrative meetings as required. • Undertake student supervision as required. • Attend parent/teacher interviews and promotional events as required
Key Selection Criteria:
• Native English Speakers.
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Major: Education or teaching subject
• Age:25-50 years old
• Teaching license :Certified
• Ready for a new challenge.
• Flexible and dynamic.
• Enthusiastic and conscientious.
• Demonstrated knowledge and at least two (2) years’ experience in teaching at a middle school level.
• Experience preferred with “Explicit Teaching” Model.
• Ability to live within a foreign country for an extended period.
• Ability to form a rapport with students and build collaborative working relationships.
• Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
• Sensitivity to the requirements of working in an international setting with a number of non-English speaking families and colleagues.
• The successful candidate will be expected to support the vision and ethos of the School.
• Staff must ensure that all decisions, pertaining to their role at Haileybury, are made in line with legislations and Haileybury policies and procedures as
set out in the staff code of conduct and associated policies.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
The full package includes accommodation (2-bedroom apartment), comprehensive medical insurance, onboard costs.
1. Contract: 2 years contract
2. Salary: 20-32K per month, fully paid in summer and winter holidays
3. Holidays: October National Day (one week), Winter Break (three weeks in January and February), Mid Semester vacation (one week around April and one week around December) and Summer Break (six weeks in July and August).
Summer holiday: From July-August about 5 weeks and 1-week PD.
Winter holiday: About 3 weeks, according to the Chinese Lunar New Year and Education Bureau’s teaching calendar.
4. Others: apartment outside of the school, work visa.
Post date: 2023-11-03