The International Montessori School of Beijing
Montessori School Social Worker/Counselor
¥18k-30k/month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-09-01
About The SchoolOur mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. Learn more about this school
This is a vacancy from a client of TopTutorJob.cn. We are looking for a social / counselor in Beijing.
About our client
Founded in 1990, our client focuses on nursery, preschool, and elementary school education. Located in Chaoyang District, there are current 400 students in the school. Montessori curriculum is implemented in this school.
About the city
Beijing, the capital city of China. You can experience both modern atmosphere and traditional Chinese culture within this metropolitan.
Reports To: Principal
The School Social Worker/Counselor facilitates the social/emotional development of identified students by providing comprehensive services to students, teachers, and other school personnel, and coordinates services to and for the families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support identified students (including low incidence and autism spectrum disorder children) on an individual basis as determined by the schools Learning Support (LS) and administrative departments and implement direct service as recommended.
- Provide group guidance and social skills activities for students related to topics such as self-awareness, social awareness, and accepting disabilities relative to functioning in school, family relationships, etc.
- Consult with teachers and provide support regarding students social/emotional needs.
- Provide support and consult with parents of identified children in areas related to the functioning of their child in his/her educational program and his/her home. Facilitate parent information and support groups as needed.
- Participate in IEP and Eligibility Determination Conferences to facilitate communication regarding student needs.
- Refer students who need assistance in adjusting to school followed by a staffing to recommend service(s).
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional, and community-based meetings as required.
- Assist in formulation of annual goals and objectives addressing the social emotional needs of identified students.
- Coordinate referral of students and/or families to community agencies as per directions of the school.
- Participate with consultants in planning in-service for teachers in social emotional aspects of education for identified students.
- Assumes other responsibilities within the scope of the job and duties assigned in extraordinary circumstances.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling;
- Current certification in Social Work or Counseling
- Knowledge of psychological/social aspects of human development, and knowledge of diagnostic assessment. Experience with low incidence disabilities and autism spectrum disorders preferred.
- Native English speakers preferred.
• To conduct oneself professionally, courteously and ethically at all times, being respectful of all members of the school community and dressing appropriately as a representative of our community.
• To maintain an awareness of all standards and practices outlined in the staff handbook.
• To protect the privacy and working atmosphere of the community at all times.
• To support the development efforts of the school community through visibility at various events throughout the year.
• To participate in performance review and self-evaluation as required by the Senior Academic Team.
• Attend in-house events and staff meetings as allocated by the school.
- Basic monthly salary 18k - 30k/month after tax (depending on the qualification and experience)
- Housing allowance provided
- Flight ticket reimbursement
- Summer and winter vacation fully paid
- 3-week off for Christmas
- 2-week off for Chinese New Year
Post date: 2019-08-14
- The International Montessori School of Beijing
Upper Primary School Teacher￥28k-33k/month Beijing 1 position availableThe International Montessori School of Beijing
Librarian￥28k-33k/month Beijing 1 position availableThe International Montessori School of Beijing
Kindergarten Teacher-Montessori Curriculum￥28k-33k/month Beijing 1 position availableThe International Montessori School of Beijing
Lower Elementary Teacher￥20k-25k/month Beijing 1 position available