Primary School English Teacher
About The SchoolBenevolence and Truth-Seeking Learn more about this school
Hangzhou Greentown Yuhua Primary School’s (GTYPS) Bilingual Division is seeking
qualified and experienced native-English speakers for primary grade teaching positions.
GTYPS is an award-winning, reputable, and high-performing school in the beautiful area of
Hangzhou, China, near XiXi Wetlands.
About the position:
Requires native English-speakers (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.)
Full-time employment commencing in August 2022
20-maximum lesson periods of teaching per week
Our school spans Grades 1-6
Plan and deliver lessons targeting Cambridge Frameworks using Cambridge Curriculum System
Each classroom caps at 24 students and has a full-time, bilingual (Chinese-English) Co-Teacher
Use of technology to enhance learning including interactive whiteboard, projector, one-to-one iPADs for students, etc.
Good balance of time among instructional teaching, lesson preparation, team collaboration, and professional development
Teaching subjects approximately include lesson periods weekly for two classes in the same Grade. Each lesson period is 40 minutes in length.
Work hours are from 7:40am - 4.30pm on Monday to Thursday, and 7:40am - 3.30pm on Friday. Lunch break is one-hour each day.
Agreement with and adherence to following the school’s working and teaching handbooks and all other school policies and procedures
12-month work contract includes a great package of competitive salary (dependent on education and experience) and other benefits including visa costs, housing allowance, flight reimbursements, global health insurance and a one-time relocation payment.
Approximately 2.5 months of paid holiday/vacation (Chinese holidays, Christmas Day, Winter/Summer Holiday, etc.)
To be employed with GTYPS, all teachers must possess a valid education work permit
and work visa. GTYPS assists teacher candidates with this process. However, failure to
provide complete visa materials and/or documents on time, or failure to pass the
required medical check, will invalidate any prior verbal or written agreements with said
teacher candidate relating to employment with GTYPS.
- Currently in China
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's Degree or above
- At least 2 years English teaching experience, holding a TEFL/TESOL certificate, or fresh graduates majoring in Education/English and relevant majors are preferred
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has successful primary school teaching experience in an International or Bilingual School, or teaching experience in his/her western-home country
- Is committed to having a positive, growth mindset as evidenced by seeking
continuous improvement through (1) reflection, (2) seeking and using feedback (3)personal development and (4) professional development
- Works well in teams and collaborates for the good of students and staff
- Respects differences among students and families, including sociocultural norms and expectations
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic as evidenced by (1) excellent work attendance (2)detail in planning, (3) marking student work, and (4) using data to differentiate teaching to meet the needs of all students
- Loves children, communicates respectfully with all, and adds to our positive school culture and climate
- Annual salary:￥20K-30K/month (depending on the qualification and experiences)
- Housing allowance: 6K/ month
- Free Education for Teacher's Child
- Flight ticket
- Insurance provided
- Full paid summer vacation&winter vacation
- Working visa Z supported