Regional Academic Coordinator
About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
This individual will be mainly responsible for the teaching quality and professional development of teachers and other academic-related business in the assigned region (East China in this post, including centers in Shanghai, Hanzhou and Ningbo for the time being).
This individual will work closely with academic committee and colleagues to develop/refine our program, as well as refine our performance appraisal system, conduct need analysis, plan and develop onboarding training materials, organize and deliver high-quality training sessions/ongoing professional development sessions and monitor training outcomes to strive for excellence, observe classes and feedback to head teachers and center managers regarding teaching quality.
Location: No. 200 West Yan’an Road, Jing’an District, Shanghai
- Work with academic committee to plan, design and deliver high-quality program;
- Work with academic team to plan, design and deliver high-quality onboarding training sessions;
- Work with academic team to develop learning and development system for teachers across regions;
- Observe classes, collect feedback from head teachers, center managers, operations and marketing staff, conduct need analysis to develop ongoing professional development program for teachers;
- Monitor training outcomes and set benchmarks and standards for teachers and monitors performance;
- Build upon and refine the current performance appraisal system and implement the performance appraisal system in centers;
- Work closely with recruitment, operations and marketing team, provide feedback to achieve efficiency in operations and sales.
- Work with academic team to build up teacher community, organize the development of academic resources and aid in the rollout of new products, services and system updates.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a minimum of a CELTA with a minimum of 5-6 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years staff training experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Good understanding of teaching practice and key principles of child learning.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Analytical skills to examine student test data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum;
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
- Effective writing skills and Creative skills;
- Basic Salary: 20k-23k/month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- House stipend range: 2k-4K
- Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
- Annual bonus provided （up to 1 month salary）
- Medical insurance & Medical check provided
- Work Visa Assistance