The King's School Cantebury Shenzhen International
Senior School English Teacher
Negotiable Shenzhen, Guangdong, China 1 position available Starting date in 2024-08-19
About The SchoolTo anchor a 21st century education. Learn more about this school
Senior School English focuses upon delivering the following IGCSEs and A Levels, together with IELTS
qualifications as required:
✓ IGCSE English as a First Language
✓ IGCSE English as a Foreign Language (taken by most of our students)
✓ AS/A Level English - Language - 9093
✓ AS/A Level English - Literature - 9695
The job details below do not form an exclusive list, they merely outline the main areas of the work as
guidance to the applicant/postholder. In any new school, this type of post develops along with the school.
The postholder reports to the Head of Senior School, currently the Executive Principal.
1. To teach in the English department, A Level and IGCSE English, EAL with IELTS and university
entrance preparation, This will also involve helping to write the A Level programme if there is
interest from the pupils.
2. Potentially also to teach another subject in the Upper Prep School (e.g. French or History) and
contributing towards the IGCSE Global Perspectives course and/or the Cambridge IPQ.
3. All teachers are expected to offer co-curricular contributions and Pastoral work including
overseeing the boarders during homework time, usually once every three weeks. This also
involves being a Pastoral Tutor in the Senior or Upper Prep School.
4. To record assessments and write reports, communicating with parents as required.
5. To be available to assist in recruiting and marketing events as required.
6. To ensure that the pupils’ welfare is prioritised at all time:
- being a member of one of the School’s Houses and supporting that House in arranged
- ensuring that the school’s safeguarding policy and procedures are met
- communicating with the SLT and parents as required
- to carry out evening boarding supervision duties responsibly and fully in line with the
School’s expectations and policy (usually once every two or three weeks)
7. To contribute to the School’s co-curricular provision in the form of activities, clubs, etc., such
- academic enrichment
- outdoor pursuits
8. To do other appropriate duties as directed by the School’s Leadership Team, such as:
- co-operating with marketing and admissions
- attending staff meetings, in-service training, etc.
- attending whole school events such as Foundation Day
- serving on school committees
9. To complete other related and reasonable tasks assigned by the Prep School Head and the
Founding Executive Principal
Personal requirements and characteristics
The applicant/postholder should:
• from English native speaking countries
• have an English degree (bachelor or above)
• have a teaching qualification and relevant teaching experience
• be an enthusiastic teacher
• have good personal skills
• be able to work in a team
• be organised and efficient
• be willing to be involved in wider aspects of school life
• be a good all-round communicator (able to speak and write English to a high level of accuracy)
• be an avid reader
• be caring and supportive of students’ needs and emotional development at all times
Salary: Negotiable based on education background, teaching licenses, and experience.
Free apartment or housing allowance provided.
Bonus of contract completion.
Annual flight tickets/allowance.
Work visa and permit assistance.
Post date: 2023-10-10