Upper School Math Teacher
About The SchoolWe are a community that embraces a special blend of Chinese and American language and culture Learn more about this school
Dipont Huayao Collegiate School Kunshan is seeking a Mathematics Teacher (Middle / Upper School) to join its diverse, enthusiastic and highly supportive community of teachers, working in a beautifully appointed and state of the art campus.
The mission of Dipont Huayao Collegiate School Kunshan is to build a future-oriented school, focused on empowering scholars to thrive in a rapidly changing economic and social environment. We nurture and challenge our scholars to become competent for the work that is yet to be created, to apply the technology that is yet to be invented and to solve social problems yet to be imagined.
About the school
Huayao Collegiate embraces a blend of Chinese and American language and culture, recognizing that, together, a child’s social-emotional character and academic wellbeing empower them to achieve success in life.
Huayao Collegiate employs a blended Chinese and American curriculum that combines a drive for academic excellence within a whole child education program designed to nurture healthy, globally aware young adults.
Huayao Collegiate has brought together a highly supportive community of teachers who enjoy collaboration and learning, who embrace cross-cultural adaptability, and who share a resilient and ethical passion for developing an outstanding school environment and culture.
We have been at the forefront of international education in China for more than thirty years. We employ over 400 expat teachers and have more than 6,000 students enrolled in our high school programs, partnered with some of the best schools in the country. Our independent schools across China are model examples of what a fusion of Chinese and Western pedagogy can become.
Professional development includes a thorough orientation for new staff as well as ongoing contact with experts in the field. Internal career path opportunities are open to capable and high performing educators, with the potential to move into curricula or program management roles.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest in student development and optimism for students’ ability to learn and grow
- Ability to learn and apply local Chinese educational standards as well as new technologies
- Interest in and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to collaborate, establish rapport and communicate in a Dual Language Immersion environment
- Highly competitive salary levels
- High quality housing
- Annual return airfare for employee and dependents
- Medical insurance for employee and dependents
- Full tuition support for employees with school-age children