Whole School EAL Teacher
About The SchoolOur top-quality British international school opens for selected year groups in September 2022. Learn more about this school
A warm welcome to join the founding team of our top-quality British international school, Shrewsbury Guangzhou, opening for selected year groups in September 2022. The school is located on a purpose-built riverfront campus in Guangzhou’s Nansha District. Shrewsbury Guangzhou is affiliated to Shrewsbury School in the UK, founded in 1552, and to Shrewsbury International Schools in Bangkok (opened 2003) and Hong Kong (opened 2018). We will deliver a world-class primary and secondary British curriculum from Year 1-13, together with a strong programme of Chinese language and culture. The school offers boarding from Year 8. The enrolment capacity of the world-class campus facility is 2200 students.
The teacher of EAL is expected to be highly motivated and experienced and to teach in both the Primary and Senior Schools. As the schools grows, additional EAL specialists will be employed. The EAL QTS teacher will have the prospect, as the school grows, to become the EAL Director with whole school responsibilities for the EAL programme and teaching team. Potential to grow into this leadership role will be a quality identified in the successful candidate. The candidate’s work ethic must be exemplary. The candidate should be a reflective practitioner contributing to the enhancement of teaching and learning in the school, and particularly the acquisition by students of English language competency for academic purposes. The teacher of EAL will work both with teachers and students.
The successful candidate exhibits the following characteristics:
- A well-qualified and experienced EAL specialist, with potential to lead the EAL team as the school grows.
- A dedicated, highly motivated teacher, capable of guiding teachers and inspiring students.
- Experience of the English National Curriculum and an ability and aspiration to attain the highest standards.
- A flexible approach to working within the school curriculum and structures.
- An appreciation of the value of the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive approach to professional development, particularly in the areas of EAL and ICT.
- Internationally minded.
- Interested in and respectful of Chinese culture, language, and society.
- The ability to work within and apply all school policies.
The successful candidate will be required to provide:
- Criminal record check(s) according to residence history prior to the start of contract.
- Confirmation of identity (Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and higher
- QTS or relevant teacher’s qualification certificate of other countries.
Shrewsbury International School promotes the welfare and wellbeing of children and is committed to Child Protection and Safeguarding.
An internationally competitive package of remuneration and benefits is offered under the terms of a two-year contract.