About the Role
This Drama, Dance and Performing Arts Teacher position requires the ability, expertise and training to teach music across primary to middle school. Additional experience or training in high school and related areas of the performing arts (music/drama/dance and design technologies) and ESL in the Mainstream or its equivalent will also be considered a plus. Teaching duties will include classroom Drama/Dance teaching across multiple programme levels and theatre performance planning, preparation and direction. The incumbent is an experienced theatre arts educator including relevant technologies and a recognized musical and theatre ensemble performance educator.
Knowledge and understanding:
A) Chinese teacher has a qualification certificate issued by Department of National Education. Under the guidance of China's New National Curriculum Standards, Chinese Drama, Dance and Performing Arts Education teachers must make major changes in teaching concepts and teaching methods. They must guide students to learn in practice, learn with individuality, focus on enriching and integrating teaching materials, pay attention on cultivating students’ learning interest and transforming student’s learning methods, by encouraging students’ cooperative learning, to achieve mutual knowledge exchanges.
B) Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the subject of Dance and Drama with experience in national or international curriculum (such as CNC, iPC, iMYC, PYP/MYP/IBDP; IGCSE, British NC or similar)
- Knowledge of theatre arts technology in the classroom (Lighting, Sound and Staging/Stage craft programmes)
- Knowledgeable and skilled musical and theatre arts educator and production
- Able to guide and support student performing and creative arts subject-related questions and facilitate inquiry-based learning in their specialist subject(s)
- Knowledge and understanding for curriculum and assessment development in Drama/Dance and the Performing Arts.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree and Teaching qualification
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- International teaching experience
- Experience in a bilingual language learning environment
- ESL in the Mainstream certification or equivalent
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 10,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organization. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don’t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
Our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London, offers our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master’s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you'll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
As a Nord Anglia Education teacher, you enjoy the following benefits:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career