Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations
About The SchoolAchieve Xiamen International School (AXIS) is a premiere international school in China Learn more about this school
POSITION: Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: ISS Asia Pacific Superintendent
Achieve Xiamen International School (AXIS) is an International Schools Services (ISS) joint venture/managed school that opened to students in Fall 2021. Holding an international licence, having generous support from the local authorities, and being well-funded, AXIS is positioned to be the premier choice for foreign-passport-holding families in the greater Xiamen region.
The director of finance, administration, and operations is a senior-level administrator responsible for safe daily operation of the school. In coordination with the ISS Superintendent, the director will provide a positive experience for members of the AXIS community: students, staff, and parents.
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that
require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Track record of both developing strategies to meet goals and executing effectively on
that strategy; great planner with excellent follow through
- Strong cross-cultural skills and experience managing in China
- Experience managing the finances of a school, organization or business
- Track record of building effective teams and managing them to results
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience in international and/or private schools a major plus
- Build and nurture a staff culture that is focused on high quality service,
improving the experience of students, families and colleagues and developing their own
- Ensure a high-performing team across all financial, administrative, and operational areas of the school including finance, facilities, operations, security, IT, HR, food service and other areas.
- Maintain excellent relationships with relevant government authorities to promote positive reputation and smooth operation of the school
- Serve as chief financial officer of the campus, managing resources to prioritize the highest value activities and meet budgets.
- Partner with the Director of Admissions and Marketing, manage the financial assistance budget and drive re-enrollment.
- Ensure the campus is fully operational and that all needs are met throughout the school year.
- Maintain thorough compliance with all applicable governmental and accreditor regulations.
- Maintain best-in class security and safety practices while ensuring that all members of the community are warmly welcomed on campus.
- Maintain AXIS brand standards throughout campus
- Deliver campus expansion and summer construction in a quality manner, such that the
campus is ready to welcome faculty back to a finished school each year.
- Participate as an active member of the senior campus leadership team, which shares
collective responsibility for the campus' overall success
- Enthusiastically tackle the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with
building a new top-tier school
Other Duties As Assigned
- As the needs of a start-up school are varied and dynamic, “other duties as assigned” may occupy up to 30% of total time allocation.
Open to all nationalities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 2 years relevant experience working
Strong command of spoken and written English
Able to work in a diverse team of both foreign and local cast members